63. The Maze

2006

"Come on Hope!" Lottie waved me over to the forest just behind her.

"I don't know, Dot," I bit my lip as I looked up, a storm was bound to happen. The wind picked up as I pulled my hat down more to cover my ears. "It looks scary in there."

"Don't be a baby Hope," Ryan snickered at me as him and his friends went into the woods.

Gemma walked back over at me as she gave me a small smile. "I think it's scary as well, Hope. But if we all stick together, there won't be anything to fear."

"Okay," I nodded my head as I walked with her.

Little Hangleton was a strange village to be in. We were on a field trip to explore the old Castle that Lord Riddle once owned before he passed away. The place we now a landmark to help show people how the rich lived. We had already gone through the strange place, it gave me in creeps if you ask me. No one knew how Lord Riddle died. Some say it was hunted, Michael told me that. But others, Liam, told me it was all made up and he just died of old age.

I didn't know what to think about it all as a six-year-old I'm bound to belive more in the ghosts then old age. The forest, though, that looked scary to me. Something was hunted in there. But I was never right about those kinda things. Mum told me my mind wandered away too much into fake stories.

A twig snapped as I almost jumped out of my skin.

"Hope, it's just an animal," Lottie told me as she and Gemma stood in front of me at the top of the hill. "Come on! Someone said there was a cool rock over here!"

"Wait!" I yelled as they ran off. "Dot! Gem! Wait! I-I'm scared..."

The wind picked up more as I looked all around me, I swear I heard voices coming from somewhere. Another twig snapped as I decided to run.

I ran up the hill as fast as I could. I almost fell as it was so steep, but I pushed my self to get up there. When I got to the top, I looked around for anything, anyone, but no one was there.

"Guys!" I called out in fear.

Hope... Hope...

Was that coming from my head? I turned around as I tried to find out where it was coming from, as surely it was not my head. I took a step back as I tripped over a rock. I stumbled down the other side of the steep hill. I felt myself fall as I pulled my arms into my chest. I let out a groan of pain when I got to the bottom.

I sat up a bit as I looked down at my leg, I had a cut in my tights as I spotted some blood on a nasty cut.

"Darn it," I mumbled as I hissed a bit, pushing my self off up. I looked back up at the hill, no way I could get up their now. I turned around as my eyes widened. A loud scream coming out of my mouth.

It was a graveyard.

I started to cry out as my lip trembled.

Hope, come closer.

"I want my mummy," I cried out.

It's okay; you're safe. It told me as I heard it getting closer to me. "You're safe with me, my child."

I looked up as a woman stood in front of me. She had on all black silk robes as a black laced scarf hid her face. A fancy stick sat in her hand.

"W-Who are you?" I asked her.

"I'm a friend," She had one of those fancy accents you hear when you're in London. "Think of me as a guardian of sorts."