47. Snow

It was still snowing out as we went to Hogsmeade this weekend. Harry sadly still wasn't able to go. He always looked absolutely devastated when we left. Although I know he would never say it out loud, he was just itching to leave the castle. But maybe it was for a good reason as Sirius Black could not get to him. No one knew if he had stayed around, but I had a feeling he did. Twice now- that we know of- he has broken into the school. But it was strange as the second time he had gone for Ron, not Harry. Surely if he were after the boy, he would have tried to take him out first. Not his ginger sidekick.

And not to mention, he was much smarter than people were giving him credit for. Everyone called him a mad man, when it was quite the opposite. He was clever as hell; he always was strategically at the right place at the right time. Must have planned things out for months. I looked up the original paper in the Libray's archives the other day, and it said he had killed 12 muggles and his childhood friend, Peter Pettigrew. That explosion was set off of fear and range, not a man as clever as this.

I knew I still had some digging to do in this investigation, but now certainly wasn't the time. Not to mention, I could not even hear my own thought over my mother's voice.

"Yes, mum- yes, I know to wear multiple layers of clothing," I huffed a bit as I watched my breath frost in the air. We were visiting the Shrieking Shack, or at least I was trying to. Ron and Hermione were leaning on the fence as they looked at the house. I was off to the side as I listened to my family all talk at once over speakerphone. "No, Louis, you can't meet Cedric, he's not even here now... No, Liam, I am not dating one of the tall Ginger boys. They are my friends- Honestly, Micheal do you you jut pride yourself in annoying me?"

I rolled my eyes as they all tried to shoot questions at me left and right. I thought these phone calls were supposed to be enjoyable. I stopped listening in on them as I watched Draco and two of his goons approach my friends.

"I got to go, something is happening," I didn't give them any more of an explanation as I hung up the phone before I trudged through the snow.

"You two shopping for your new dream home?" Draco asked them. This is what I hated about Draco; he would show a side of you that was nice and caring but then immediately shut it down to try and look superior over others. This is why I could never truly call him a friend. "Bit Grand for you, isn't it Weasle-Bee? Don't your family sleep in, uh, one room?"

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy," Ron looked down a bit as he talked. It was never polite or anywhere near civil to talk about someone's wealth.

"Ooh, not very friendly," Draco said. "Boys, I think it's time we teach Weasle- Bee how to respect his superiors."

"You are nowhere near superior over anyone," I said as I finally reached them. It's hard to run in the snow, give me a break.

"How dare you talk to me like that," Draco sneered out. "You filthy little mudblood."

"Say whatever you want, at least my family didn't commit incest like yours probably has," I barked back.

All arguments were silenced as a snowball hit Draco's cheek. We all looked over to see who had thrown it, but no one was there.

"Who's there?!" Draco asked in fear.

Another snowball launched as it hit him square in the face this time. Then more came as they hit his goons.

"Don't stand there, do something?!" Draco practically wined as he hit Crabbe. Oh yes, he looked so superior as he was about to shit his pants.

"What?!" Crabbe asked him.