Do You Know What Happens?

We walked on and on, the castle was far into the distance and the conversation lagged so I started doing what I was meant to do, look for the poison ivy or poison oak. It didn't take me long to find the ivy growing up a large tree. I pointed it out to Merlin and he, being careful not to touch it, put it into the bag before lifting me up again and carrying me back to the castle.

I couldn't help myself and leaned my head down and put it onto his shoulder as he walked through the forest and blushed as we past a bunch of the poison ivy and oak. I guess I was to focused on Merlin and the conversation w were having to notice, or maybe I was to drowsy for the lingering sickness.

I turned my head into is neck and tried to be inconspicuous as I breathed in this earthy sent that had a hint of honey in it. I stayed like this for a while and I didn't even notice as I slipped into a gentle slumber. I did not dream the horrible dream that I've had so many nights since I came to this time. This dream was of me sitting in a field, like the one Arthur had found me in, and I was listening to flowers and singing softly while Merlin sat next to me and leaned his body weight onto me before dropping his head into my lap and taking a nap their with my knees as his pillow. The dream was soothing and it made wish I could stay inside if it a little longer causing me to moan as I got up. Noticing how close we were to the castle I lifted my head off of Merlins neck after kissing it.

"Thank you for carrying me. I'm sure you can let me down now, I'm not in danger of hurting myself this close to the castle wall. Besides you must be tired from carrying me. I bet I'm heavy." I added kindly.

"Your fine. I want to carry you I feel bad for making you walk so far in the first place." Merlin said and I noticed his ears and neck glowing red. I wondered what his face looked like but since he was carrying me on his back I didn't get the luxury of seeing it.

Merlin carried mope through the gates, town, more gates, and the tunnels and hallways of the castle until we were back inside the chamber there Alden was mixing a white substance in the bowl that I immediately recognized as lotion. I felt bad for making him to all of the work, then I thought of Merlin carrying me and doubted that I would be much use here either.

Alden looked up and saw us, "successful outing I hope."

"Yes. We found it. Though I think that the walk took its toll on Eleanor so I carried her back." Merlin answered setting me down before un shouldering the two packs and sliding the one with the plant across the table to Alden.

Opening the bag Alden scratched his head, "so you meant this plant."

"You know it?" I asked

"Just by the nasty rashes it leaves people but I didn't know that burn it was a problem."

I nodded, "nor did I until I took my nursing class." I confessed

Merlin at this time excused himself knowing that the Arthur would want to see him when he got back and make sure that everything was ok with him and that Arthur didn't need anything. Alden got to work making an antidote for the plant he called Rhus toxicodendron or Rhus radicans for short.

I decided to take a small walk to an upper level where you can get a good view of the setting sun which was already halfway down as the day dwindled. I felt useless in my weakened state and wished to be helpful. When I got to the hallway with its unobstructed view of the surrounding land I stopped and leaned against a pillar. I loved this place, I found on one of the first night in the castle. I loved that they didn't have glass here, it felt like you could reach out and touch the sky or jump from the hall and fly away into the sunset. As I watched the sun set and thought of flying I was hit with home sickness that was worse than my original ailments.

I leaned in the wall lost in the beauty of earth, so much so that I didn't not notice Morgan le Fay walk up behind me. I noticed her when she accidentally brushed into me, I don't think she had seen me either. Her hair was disheveled and her eyes shone with tears while her face was streaking with tears as well showing that she had been bawling and not crying.

"Are you ok?" I asked concerned for her.

She sniffed and looked up, I noticed that while she saw me that she was to distraught to answer. I took he form within my own and I hugged her until she had gotten all of her tears out. When she finally calmed down, which took several minutes, I decided to take her down to Alden and see if he had some calming tea or some other remedy to calm her down.

She cried a little bit more in the walk down to the room I shared with Alden and Merlin, but all in all she was better. When we got down there Alden was gone probably to check and treat King Uther.

I set her down on the bench in the corner and made her some peppermint tea which is my favorite, the peppermint leaves are sweet so I don't waste sugar trying to sweeten it to my preferred tastes. I hold a mug out to her and wait while she sips on it until she is ready to talk to me.

Morgan le Fay sipped half of the cup before looking to me and saying, "I'm fine now. Thank you for your kindness."

"Are you hurt or did something happen to you?" I said concerned for her.

"I'll be ok. I miss Blasine and I never knew how much she did to protect me." She said looking down at her cup.

"Protection? From who?" I asked confused.

"From Arthur." She answered.