The Last Song

Recap: All know is, is that I needed to talk to Arthur and Merlin and preferably in that order.

I went searching for Arthur, I needed to know why this was happening. I needed answers. I needed the truth. Walking briskly around the castle I came up at a loss, the halls and rooms were empty the garden was empty, the armory was empty, the practice area for the knights was empty. Arthur was officially avoiding me and he was doing a good job of it. My anger starting to grow as my search for him was proving fruitless.

Giving into my emotions I decided to try and look for Merlin, which also proved fruitless. After hours of searching I decided to head back to my room to find it empty. All of my things were packed into one chest and to top it off Alden wasn't here either. My stomach dropped as the realization hit me I more than likely was not going to be able to see either of them before my departure. I wasn't sure when I was leaving, I wished I hadn't black out when Uther was talking so I would know the details of the so called expedition.

I decided to stop fighting the tears that had been trying to form since I heard the news, I curled up into a small ball on the bed that had been stripped of all linen and more than likely packet into my chest, and cried myself to sleep.

I was woken up what felt like three hours later by four guards, two who were carrying out the chest while the other two were picking my up like cargo and carrying me out of the room. In my panic I fought still half sleeping and unsure of what was happening, I fought with all my strength. I guess that's why four knights were sent to get one girl, when I finally realized who I was fighting and what was going on I settled down. But not after leaving marks on all four of the knights, two had scratch marks on their faces and arms, one had been kicked in the face, and the last I had elbowed so hard in the face that blood had started to pour out of his nose.

Now that I had full awoken and I was being carried off into the night my mind started reading about what was going on.

Was I going to be killed?
Maybe just beheaded.

The spinning of my mind help destructed me from the rough hands that held me tightly, I'm sure to keep me from hurting the knights anymore, I wish in this pitch black night I could tell who was carrying my so I could know if I should feel sorry. Not all of the knights are bad guys but they are completely loyal to Arthur and the crown and follow all orders without giving it a second thought. I finally decided to squeak out a small apology in a small voice.

"I'm sorry." I managed to get out with my dry throat and of course none of them answered but I did feel two of them loosen their grip on me, so clearly two of them knew me, I guess the other two didn't, I laughed internally at the irony, I guess that's why I didn't get an explanation on what's happening, the two who don't know me must be from Uther's private guard. I've seen them but any time I've tried to talk to them they don't answer, they are just as bad as the guards at the Buckingham Palace.

When they finally let me down we were outside with a carriage in front of us. Two of the me knights strapped my chest to the back, while the other two mad sure I couldn't run away from the scene. Then I was forced into the carriage.

I heard the crack of the whip causing the horses and the carriage to take off into the night. I didn't have to ask to know the destination, we were headed to the sea. away from everything I knew in this world that not to long ago was so foreign. Tears rolled down my eyes as my brain refused to process what all had happened the last to days. I was hell shock and completely at a loss.

I felt my heart begin to break so started singing a song that I used to sing when I was upset as a child, 'Let It Be' by the Beatles.

"When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

And when the broken-hearted people
Living in the world agree
There will be an answer, let it be
For though they may be parted
There is still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be

Let it be, let it be
Yeah, there will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

Let it be, let it be
Ah, let it be, yeah, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

And when the night is cloudy
There is still a light that shines on me
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be
I wake up to the sound of music,
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

Let it be, let it be
Let it be, yeah, let it be
Oh, there will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Let it be, yeah, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be"

I felt in that moment as I insisted the song, the carriage stopped and I could smell the sea that I would never feel like singing again. My heart, my soul, am my spirit were all to broken to ever be able to put feeling back into my songs.

Someone came around the carriage and opened the door, I didn't recognize him as the door opened wide. I noticed to more gentlemen unloading my chest, they looked rough like people who would be quick to anger, dangerous people. I didn't give any eye contact as I got out and followed the man who beaconed me to him at the dock ahead.

I was shown to a boat by the silent man, not that tho bothered me I was to absorbed in thought to have answered him even I he had spoken to me. maybe he did try and speak to me and my lack of an answer at first lead him to be this quiet. it was unnerving as we walked onto a massive ship that looked like something out of 'Pocahontas', it was fairy tale like an I half expected Captain Hook to jump down from the deck to greet me in a leering crude way.

There was none of that. Instead I was shown inside the two macho men carting my heat following, and shown to a small room under the deck that looked like it had once been an office. now the room had a bed pushed into the middle of it with the four wall that surrounded it were filled with books. I laughed an internal dark laugh, how fitting that I who loves to read would be in here with all of the books and unless we are docked I won't be able to read any of them since I get motion sickness whenever I would read in a car. Oh the irony.

My chest was set down in sit and the three men left without any instructions, or any threats, or anything at all. I was stuck in that room confused and alone. I felt back to square one in this time frame the only difference is that this time I was at an utter lose at what I was suppose to do next.