Chapter 71 - Bachelorette party -

Jaskier held his hands over my eyes, covering them. He leads me somewhere. "Where are we going?" I asked between chuckles but Jaskier kept my eyes closed. "You'll find out soon enough." He said and I could clearly hear his smile on his face. I could think of what he did and probably also where we would go but I didn't want to ruin the surprise he made for me. 

I could hear the dirt and the little stones crunch underneath my feet. I could only hope for Jaskier to take me in the right direction so I won't trip over a rock and break my neck or so. Now I felt a path made out of stone. Then I could hear the squeak of the door which then opened. "Alright-" he started and we slowly walked into the warm room. He still held his hands over my eyes and we walked a few steps further into the room. I could hear people talking and then smelt the alcohol. We must be at the inn. "We're almost there." he said and I felt myself being bumped a little into the edges of tables. "Okay, Evelyn-" he removed his hands from my face. 

In front of me was a table built up like a buffet with alcohol, a lot of that, and very much food. At the other table, there were people sitting. People I actually knew: Anna Henrietta for example. She actually came? Just for me? Along with her were the ones we spend time in Toussaint with, Myriam and Lena. I really liked them, they were nice to have around and spend time with. But they weren't the only ones who were there; Jaskier managed to bring Lambert and Eskel here. They are very close friends of mine as well so even if it's a bachelorette party I don't mind them being here, I am even really pleased by them being here.

Jaskier clapped his hands and got everyone's attention. "Eh, thanks for all of you coming for this- this uh special occasion, which neither of you knows what it is yet." he announced. Lambert and Eskel knew I got engaged, they were in the same room but I wonder how Annarietta, Myriam and Lena would react. "Today's Evelyns day, not as her birthday but as her bachelorette party since our dear Witcher here got engaged!" he exclaimed. Annarietta stood up from her chair and gasped. She rushed over to me and embraced me which I then returned. "Oh my god, Evelyn! Never expected that old grumpy man that you call your lover was about to propose to you but here you are. Show me the ring!" she started excited and I just ignored the fact that she just insulted Geralt.

I took off the leather glove from my hand so she could see the ring. Myriam and Lena rushed over to see it as well. "I would recognize this jewellery everywhere." Annarietta said and took my hand so she could inspect my hand more. "That's a ring from Toussaint! So that was the thing he wanted to get from the market back then." she laughed a little. "What do you mean?" I raised a brow. "He told me to distract you on your last day in Toussaint so he could go get something for you along with Jaskier." she said and winked over to Jaskier. "Really?" I asked. "Didn't you hear him say that?" Lambert asked and I looked at him confused. "He said that right after he proposed." I chuckled a bit. "Guess I must've been too distracted by the proposing itself."

On that evening we drank a lot, ate a lot and did a whole bunch of other things that you should do at a bachelorette party even if I can do all those things with Geralt, but Jaskier put so much effort into this so I should enjoy it. "Alright, alright." Lambert laughed and we did so along. We were already a few, okay maybe a lot, of cups of ale and vodka into the party. "We should play a game. You remember the game from the first winter in Kaer Morhen?" he asked Eskel and me. We both nodded and then explained said game to the rest of the people sitting here but then we decided to change the sense of the game: we took an empty bottle and whoever spins it gets to ask the person on which it landed a question.

"Evelyn, it's your party, so you should start." Jaskier said and handed me the empty bottle of liquor. I nodded and put it on the table at which we sat. "Alright then." I said and started to spin it. It landed on Annarietta. I smirked. "So... How did your husband react to the affair you had with Jaskier?" I asked and leaned my elbows on the table. "Oh, that. He got mad, like really really mad but totally worth it." She said and hugged Jaskiers arm cuddling with him like that. I guess she's not very happy with her husband if she's willing to risk her marriage to be with Jaskier. "I never loved him. I wasn't happy. He died not that long ago..." she showed a bit of pity for that man but it seemed like she was rather relieved.

Now it was her turn to spin the bottle. It landed on Jaskier, which made her smirk. "My dear, Julian, how many women did you have since we last saw each other?" she asked and crossed her arms in front of her chest. Said man scratched his neck. "Searching for inspiration, I had many muses but I had to abandon every each of them because no one could compete to thy beauty and wisdom, my love." he said and one could see Annarietta melting by his words. "Wise choice of words." she mumbled and took a sip from her cup. Jaskier spun the bottle and it fell on me, again. I sighed and prepared myself for what would come. "Well, well, what could I ask our soon to be Mrs. Geralt of Rivia..?" he asked himself putting a hand on his chin. "If you and Geralt are married, doesn't that make Geralt a prince?" 

I blinked a few times and then slowly started nodding. "I guess so but I doubt that my dear mother will make him king." I snorted and took another sip. "Just imagine it. The White Wolf sitting  on a throne to rule Rivia and Lyria." Jaskier announced dramatically what made everyone chuckle in response to the picture everyone just had in their heads.