Chapter 63 - Yennefer of Vengerberg -

It was in the middle of the night when the three arrived at the mayor's house. Fog seeming like steam as it got enlightened by the full moon and the few fires burning at the gate. A guard stopped the horses. "A fee for entrance." he said and Evelyn looked down at him, she was closer to him than Geralt. "A fee to see the mayor? This is urgent!" She complained annoyedly. "I don't make the rules, but money opens all doors." he said and grinned. Evelyn lost her patience, grabbed a bag of coin and slammed it across the face of the man who then passed out. "So it does." Geralt agreed with the man.

Throwing Jaskier over his shoulder Geralt walked into the building while Evelyn secured the horses and then would catch up. Geralt put him down on a table as Evelyn ran down the hall to get to her friend and her lover. Geralt's eyes widened as he saw a naked man in the room who dropped the jug he just held in his hands. "Welcome to my home." The man greeted them smiling. "You're the mayor of Rinde?" Geralt asked surprised and held Jaskier by the back of his jacket to not fall from the table. "Not exactly what I was expecting." Jaskier stammered something and tried to point to the naked man. "Sorry, he's in a bad way. Is there a mage that lives here?" he asked and the man's gaze fell on the jug standing on the table, on which Jaskier was sitting currently. 

"Ah. The apple juice! She wants some. And she always gets what she wants." He said and pointed at the jug. "I don't understand. Does he want me to get him the apple juice?" Geralt asked his wheezing friend. "I Don't know." he somehow managed to say breathlessly. The naked man sat down on a chair and Geralt reached for the jug of apple juice still holding onto Jaskier. There was snoring heard as the mayor passed out on the chair, sleeping peacefully without any worries.

Evelyn reached the room and checked for Jaskier. She walked around the corner, to get on the other side of him and then noticed the naked man sleeping. "Oh, what the fuck?" she asked to herself and shook her head. "That's the mayor?" She asked with a disgusted look on her face. Geralt and Jaskier both nodded. The three of them made their way towards the closed door on the other side of the room. Coming from underneath it was a thick fog. They opened the door and the hall was filled with the fog which source was behind the next door they would go through. "The fuck?" 

The next room revealed an orgy that filled the whole room, the fog being everywhere. In the middle was a small path that led to a woman with a silk mask and a long black dress. She was just watching. Geralt and Evelyns facial expressions weren't very pleased as Jaskier looked around with wide eyes, still trying to breathe. Women and Men all gave them seductive looks, their gaze filled with lust. "Stay." Geralt commanded as he put Jaskier helplessly between some people who immediately started to touch him. 

The mage gave them expecting looks, holding a cup between her fingers, playing with it. "I, uh..." Geralt began and gave Evelyn a quick glance. "brought you apple juice." he casually said to turn the awkward situation a bit down. The mage grinned slightly. "And quite a bit more. You're immune." she said monotonously. "You must be the mage." Evelyn stated. She wanted help for her friend who could die soon. There was no time for small talk. "Yennefer of Vengerberg." the beautiful woman introduced herself and adjusted herself on the chaiselongue, she sat on. "Chireadan didn't mention that, uh..." Geralt said squinting his eyes. "What did he fail to mention?" her tone was slightly seductive what caused that Evelyn's blood slowly started to boil. 

"We need your help." Evelyn changed the topic, clenching her fists. "'We?'" she asked only looking at Geralt, ignoring the other female, pretending that Geralt said it, not his lover. Geralt turned his gaze to Jaskier who laid in the lap of a naked woman. "Just a friend, I hope'" she asked with a sour tone. Geralt looked at her in annoyance and confusion. "Your heartbeat, it's extraordinarily slow. You're a mutant." she said. "Witchers." Geralt said looking at his lover then at this woman who tried to make a move on him. "Evelyn of Lyria and Geralt of Rivia." He introduced both of them since he realized that Yennefer would ignore Evelyn. 

"The famous White Wolf!" She exclaimed and stood up and walked down the stairs to stand directly in front of Geralt. "I thought you'd have fangs or horns or something." She said and Evelyn rolled her eyes at her silly words. "I had them filed down." Yennefer chuckles at that and walked around Geralt, bumping into Evelyn but she didn't care at all. "First time I've seen a Witcher up close." she said and examined every feature of his face, not seeing the warning glare Evelyn shot her. "What little spell can you cast with your hands? Call it professional curiosity." She asked and also Geralt was losing his patience because he could sense how stressed Evelyn was by her presence and by the fact that Jaskier was still in danger. "Please, Jaskier here needs immediate attention." Yennefer looked in awe at the white-haired man, astonished by how handsome he was.

"And then, if you'd like, I'll indulge your curiosity." Geralt answered and Evelyn got angry at that and clenched her jaw. Yennefer still couldn't take her eyes off him and looked at him expecting. "He was attacked by a djinn." Geralt said and held up the back with the pieces of the amphora. "A djinn?" she asked just to make sure she heard it right, then looked over at the bard. "Whatever's wrong with him, it's spreading. Fix it, and I'll pay you." Geralt stated and Yennefer started examining the broken amphora. She held the top in her hands and looked at the seal. "You'll have to do better than juice." she said and then looked around the room. "Ragamuffin!" she shouted and the people stopped the orgy, surprised and shocked faces, as all of them quickly separated.