Chapter 40 - After the party is before the party -

"This is a job for Vesemir!" Lambert announced and had Vesemirs old hat on again on what Geralt complained and told him to take it off but he didn't. "Where's that whippersnapper wandered off to? He could be beleaguered I wager! Come, men and woman to the rescue!" Lambert announced but Evelyn still wasn't listening and hasn't even realized that the two men walked off to find Eskel.

Geralt kneeled down in front of a pile of wine. "Spilled some wine and crawled through it." he said and Lambert looked at him amused. "Had to kneel down to see that?" he then asked but Geralt said he would've puked if he would have bend over. They followed the drops of wine. They went out of the room and called for their friend. That was the time Evelyn realized she was alone. She groaned and gulped down all of the vodka in her cup in one and then went upstairs to her and Geralt's room, or at least tried since the liquor kicked in. 

They found Eskel outside in the yard, passed out and a goat chewing on his clothing. That was the goat he used to hunt down a wyvern that day but he killed it without the goat so he had to take it with him. They tried to convince Eskel to another drink after they woke him up. He refused since he was about to puke and couldn't take anymore. "The three of us together always end up like this."

"Let's find a fourth! Better! A woman!" Lambert suggested and just then they saw that Evelyn was missing. "Evelyn's not here and she hasn't drunk a single drop of vodka." Geralt said. "Also, there's no way you lay hands on her." Geralt warned and pointed at his friend. "Who's not laying hand on who?" They all turned around and saw Evelyn, drunk with another bottle of vodka in her hand, it was almost half empty. "Ha! I found the vodka, Eskel!" she cheered and stuck out her tongue and took then another sip. 

What they then were shocked about it was her looking: she wore the crown she got as a princess, the black leather pants she always wore and a very short shirt. It ended not much under her breasts, thankfully it didn't expose much cleavage. "I was in my room but then forgot what I wanted to do so I went to find the vodka for you guys. I don't know how that happened but there ain't much left." she blurred and took another sip from the bottle. 

She went towards the three men and had one hand on the bottle the other one in her pocket in which she found a coin. She smirked to herself and threw it slightly in Geralt's direction. "Toss a coin to my Witcher." She sang Jaskiers song and laughed afterwards what Geralt and Lambert returned of course Lambert didn't understand the joke since he doesn't know Jaskier. Only Eskel didn't laugh and made his way back inside. She put the bottle of vodka in Lambert's hands and grabbed Geralt's collar and went inside with him.

Evelyns pov

The next morning I woke up with a slight headache. I was cuddled against Geralt, naked. I was naked and so was he. Our clothing is thrown all over the room and my crown was still on my head as I realized. Geralt was still asleep and I tried to adjust myself but at this attempt, I woke him up. Not caring to cover up myself since he'd seen me naked already several times I greeted him with a good morning kiss which he deepened. We haven't even said good morning yet but looks like the first words we're gonna say today are naughty ones.

What a day. Exhausted from this days morning activity and the liquor last night I had to do my training now but it's my own fault that I'm in this situation. "Have you seen my hat?" Vesemir asked me during break and I tried to hold back laughter and shook my head. "N-no, why?" He then shook his head as well. "Not important, we should continue." I nodded at that. With every day of training, I'm closer to my own medallion.

It was cool outside. I already had to wear my thicker jacket. It was a dark green one with fur at the end of the sleeves, collar and also the line where the buttons were. The fur was from a fox which was pretty common in our village. As always I would wear black pants with leather parts on the side. It's perfect for fighting and also really comfy. 

After about another hour of training, we went inside to get lunch. Here was an old lady living in Kaer Morhen as I figured out. Nobody ever really sees her, she's just in the kitchen cooking. I once saw her and she was really nice. She said she enjoyed it here and cook. It was her passion and her food tasted like it.

We sat down at the table the other three had already been sitting at. I sat next to Geralt. They were in the middle of a conversation. "Have you heard?" Eskel said and I wanted to know, too even though I had no clue what they were talking about. "Anna Henrietta finally married." Eskel said and the only thing in my mind was: Who the fuck is Anna Henrietta? Is she a friend of his? 

"Who's that?" I asked and tilted my head and Lambert looked at me with wide eyes. "She's the duchess of Toussaint." he explained but I didn't even know what he was talking about so I just stared at him and blinked a few times. Then I shook my head. "And that is..?" I asked him and he sighed. "It's a vassal state of Nilfgaard but much more pleasant. All they do is drink wine and play Gwent. Not to forget all the knight virtues, they're really proud of that." Vesemir explained to me and I nodded understanding.