Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"I heard Mr. Cheing is missing."  I whispered to Via while we're having our lunch but she didn't reacted. By that I confirmed that it was her who took Mr. Cheing.  So evil Via, and also so sloppy. Tsk tsk.

Silence on our table.  Everyone busy on their own lunch.  I saw Marg constant look at Via.  She's now having rage against Via and I will take advantage of it.

"Excuse me Rose." a voice behind.  It was Dave. "I think this bag belongs to you?" referring to left my bag.

"Ah yes, thank you Inspector." I immediately took the bag from him.

"I thought binalikan mo yun bag mo kanina Rose." Marg asked.

"You did?" Dave asked.

Tss.  So stupid Marg. "Y-yes. I am about to when I heard a broken glass sound, I got freaked out and went back to my area."  I replied.  Buy my excuse Dave, or if not, just keep your mouth shut or else.

"I see." his short reply and afterwards he showed big sigh. Thank goodness he didn't react from my excuse.

"What's with the bunting hininga insfector? Hab a seat here."  Patricia asked and offered the chair beside her.

"A bad news just came out now.  Our lead was found dead.  His body seen floating along Ilog Pasig." he explained.

Everybody were shocked by the news, but not via. Dave looked at Via with curiousity,  I think he knew something. Like Via's involvement with Mr. Cheing's death.  He's here not to return the bag but to confirm something.  "Via dear, keeping your silence wont help you.  You'll just be too obvious." I whispered to Via.

"Why so quiet Via? Do you have anything to share?" Dave asked.

"Wala naman Inspector, wala lang ako sa mood. And for you Rose, I don't give anything you say a damn care." her bitter answer.

"Is that so?  Well I guess I have to go now.  I just brought Rose bag and to personally say my apologies to them.  Enjoy your lunch ladies." said Dave.

"That's nothing Inspector, you're just doing your job." Marg replied.  "If ever we got any information about the informer, we'll let you know."  Marg added while staring straight to Via.

"What's wrong with you Marg, as if Via had something to do with this." I told Marg.

"I'm just saying Rose."  Marg.

"Ok ladies, just in case you have any information of who's the one leaking the information to the media, please let us know.  And besides there's a reward for the one who'll give definite information.  I'll go ahead.  Bye."  Dave excused himself after saying so.

After Dave left, Marg started the conversation between Via.

"Via, besides us, ikaw lang ang nakakaalam ng nangyari.  Ikaw ba ang-?" Marg asked but before she can say everything in front of prying Patricia, I kicked his foot under the table.  Marg looked at me asking and I looked at her instructing to stop.

"Via?" I start talking.

"What? Ah, about the media? Yes I was the informant, eh ano naman ngayon?  Ang bagal ng mga pulis nyo kasi, specially that Inspector David Sales, tss.  Until now they still haven't caught Peter's abductor.  They've told that they already have evidences and a lead but there's still no sign of solving this case. So slow of them!" she told irately.

"Huwat bia ikaw ang nagsavi sa media?" none other than Patricia who asked.

"So what nga? Aalisin nila ko sa trabaho at bibigyan ka ng reward Fatricia if just incase you told them?  The hell I care.  I told the media about Jeffrey and Peter's lost so that the higher officials will act on it.  So really sluggish.  You know what, I can solve this case all by my own self." said Via.

"Don't tell me you have something to do with the lead's death?" I asked.

"Don't under estimate me Rose, I can do more." she answered.

This is the kind of conversation I want to have with Via, that she'll just admit everything in front of us but it didn't happened like that.  Instead she remained silent while eating her lunch.

Really via, you're so careless? You really think that being discreet about this issue will excuse you out from all the blame.  You may acted sleek and fast but where's the thrilling part? That's what you're missing in all your actions. So naive and very stupid. You should learn more from me.

Via stood up after she finished her meal but before she finally left us I told her a reminder "Be careful BFF."

She did not replied but she did gave me a look and showed me a fake smile.

I know there's a meaning behind that smile, I wonder what.

----------------

Author's Note:

My second update :)