Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Hey Cinderella." a whisper to my ear.

"Huh? Cinderella?" I asked as I turn my back to see who's behind me.

"Oo.  You did like what Cinderella did sa fairytale.  You run after a dance."

"And who are you?"  I lied.  Of course I know this guy.  Only stupid person will ever forget this gorgeous man.

"Dave.  Don't you remember just last week? I'd been waiting for you since then, hoping that we'll meet again."

"Dave?  Sorry I don't remember."  I need to pretend that I don't remember him.  "Maybe it was not me."

"Yes you are.  That long curly hair, beautiful face, sweetest smile, tempting lips, red lipstick.  You left that stain on my shirt that night."  naughty smile.

Oh those tempting lips again. Focus. "I am sorry, I really don't remember."

"Maybe you are that drunk that night.  Oh well, I'm Dave and you are?"

"Cinderella.  Just call me that way."

"Wow, mysterious effect."

"Huh?"

"Sino bang tinitignan mo?"

I am focusing now to my target.  Adrian Sentosa.  Still on that same spot surrounded with those b*tches.

"Oh, Adrian Sentosa."

"Huh? You know him?"

"Are you interested with him?"

"No. I'm just curious.  Why is he surrounded by- you know what I mean?" I asked.

"You don't know him?  Seriously?"

"Do I look like joking?" I seriously lied.

"You are that serious? Ok fine I believe you.  That guy, he's an icon."

"Artist?"

"No.  A business tycoon.  One of the four Sentosa brothers.  He's the youngest."

"No wonder she's surrounded by girls."

"You got it Cinderella." he said with sparkling eyes.

We laughed together.  It still feels good to laugh naturally and not sarcastically.

"So where have you been?"

"Me?"

"Yes. Lagi akong bumabalik dito hoping na makita ka ulit."

"Really? Well I'm not into clubs.  Only except when I'm stressed from school."  my second lie.

"School?"

"Yes.  Law school.  On my sophomore ear." haha, I am good in lying, am I?

"I see.  Kaya ba you don't go often here?"

"Yes.  Once in a while.  Weekends most of the times."

"So last night was related with school."

"What do you mean?"

"Para ka kasing batang uhaw sa alak.  Hindi ko na mabilang ang tequilla mo that night."

"Oh.  Yes.  I failed one of my exams.  And it stressed me a lot."

"I see.  I thought you were broken hearted then and you're planning for revenge."

"Broken hearted, I don't have time for that.  I am single."

"Good then."  I saw twinkle from his eyes, just like how when a kid saw a new toy.  But sorry Dave, I am not a toy.

"Why is that good?"

"You're single and so do I."

"So?"

"We can be friends."

"Friends?"

"Yes.  Unless-"

               hey sistah soul, sistah go, sistah soul, sistah.

"Wait a sec." I interrupt him as my phone rang.  "Yes Ate." I answered.

"Where are you?"

"Same place. Why?  Its Saturday!"

"I know.  Anyway, I'll be out of the town this weekend?."

"This time? Where are you going? You know that-"

"I know sissy, I'll be out to province to look for you know what."

"I see. Ok, take care."

"You take care sissy.  Don't let your weak heart distract you."

"Distract?

"It's just a reminder little sissy."

"I know that big sissy."

"Be careful."

"Nasabi mo na yan. Sige na bye."

I ended up the call before she can ever reply.  Most of the time, she irritates me of reminding things that she don't have to.  She don't have to remind me every time of what I am going to do.  I planned everything.  All she have to do is to wait and back me up.  I'm calming myself when Dave asked.

"Who's that?"

"And why you have to know mister?"

"Lahat ba nang tanong ko ay tanong din isasagot mo?" he answered sarcastically.

"Because you don't have to know everything."

"I know. Let's dance."

"Dance?  I don't know how to dance."  I lied again.  I want to dance but I don't want to happen of what just happen last time we danced.

"Oh no you are a good dancer, and a kisser."  he whispered the last word.

"What the he-"

Before I finished my statement he kissed me.

Is it really happening?  Did he really kissed me- again?