Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I'd been very busy this f*cking day. Clifford's been harassing me to finish his stupid powerpoint presentation. I was really hating him a hundred times than before. I haven't eaten my breakfast and lunch and according to my stomach, it was already 6pm and I'm extending working hours for him. I don't have any intention to starve myself to death and be his slave for eternity. I am here to do what is due to him and to his brothers. My anger went up to its top and the urge of killing Clifford runs thru my veins. At to this very moment I am ecstatic to take his life.

F*ck the plan. I screamed. Holding the cutter so firm as I can, I stood up and entered Clifford's room. I dont have spare time for his words and just by a second I pulled his hair down to his glass table. My rage become my strength that even how hard he battled against me and struggled for his life, it was not enough. I grabbed his Macbook and slammed it to his head leaving him unconscious. Without a blink, I slashed his neck slowly, pitiless. Blood scattered onto his table and dripping down to his carpeted floor. I can hear every drop of Clifford's blood just like how I heard my mother's every drop of tear on my father's burial. She may not be howling, but just like how a candle loses its life when it cries, that is how my mother slowly lost her life.

Clifford is now down, I defeated the monster.

"Rose!" an alarming scream echoed the room.

"What have you done?" another scream but from a different voice.

I froze. I couldn't move. I was numb. I couldn't feel anything. I was standing still, holding the bloody cutter on my right hand.

"You're bleeding Rose." now I recognized that voice. That certain voice that brings music to my ear. It's Dave.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You're bleeding." watching him taking the cutter away from my hand carefully. Pulling out a handkerchief from his pocket and covering the wound I caused my self while holding the cutter blade unknowingly out of my fury. Yes, I haven't killed Clifford, yet. It is not how I- we planned it.

"What have you done Rose?" it's Via.

"Oh its nothing Via. I dropped the cutter and accidentally hold its blade when I tried to catch it. Don't worry, it's just a scratched." I excused.

"NO Rose. It's too deep. Just look-" Dave lifted my hand to show it to me. "even my hankie cant stop it from bleeding." he sounded so worried.

"I said I'm okay. A little scratch can't kill me." I joked but no one laughed.

"Let's go to the hospital Rose." Marg while collecting my things and putting it all inside my bag.

"Stop it!" I yell. "I said I'm ok and besides, I have lot of things to do."

"A lot that you forgotten to eat?" Dave asked. "I'll talk to Cliff so that we can all go now and BESIDES Rose, it's already 6pm." he reiterate

"You don't have to do that Dave. Clifford and I we're also leaving." Sandy spoke.

"Sandy!" Dave exclaimed. "Picking up your boyfriend? That's good cause these lovely ladies and I have somewhere to go. Just tell Cliff that we already left ok? Bye."

"Ok I will." Sandy agreed.

Just like that, these idiots- except Dave, got me out of the building.

"Where are we going?" I asked them as I saw Dave's car in front of the building. But I didn't bother to hear anyone's explanation when the car opened and I saw Patricia seating on Dave's passenger seat. Sh*t! I completely forgot that we all agreed to Dave's invitation for dinner tonight and this b*atch is taking my seat.

"Ang tagal nyo naman, gutom na ko oh." Patricia complained.

"Pwede ba Patricia, be quiet. You're not even invited." Via sounds irritated.

"I am." Patricia answered.

"Who did?" Via asked.

"Herself." I answered.

They all laughed with my joke, except for Patricia of course. I also managed to show a grin and Patricia threw me a dirty look that suits her personality.

"Dont be so pikon Patricia." Marg.

"I'm not." she answered and went back inside Dave's car slamming the door closed.

Patricia was really an eye sore but I haven't lost the chance to saw that she was wearing the red lipstick I gave to her. She doesn't have any idea that it was poisonous and can kill her immediately.

"I have medicine kit inside the car, let's clean your wound before we have dinner ok?" Dave eventually swept all my anger away. How can I be so weak when I am with him? I asked myself.

"S-sure." I whispered.

"Uy, you two look good together. Right Via?" Marg teasing.

"Uhm, yes. No doubt." she agreed but sounds like troubled, of what happened yesterday for sure.

"Really?" Dave asked with full smile showing his white teeth.

"L-lets just have dinner and go home. I'm really tired." I told them but deep inside, my heart is jumping with joy.

"No, not after I cured your wound. Don't act tough Rose, sometimes we need to be weak to be more stronger. And-" he paused. Everybody's waiting for his next words. "And don't be so stubborn because it turns me on." he continued.

Via and Marg shrieked. Dave won, I let him take care of my wound and I am loving every second of it.