Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I still go after Clifford.  It feels like a dog tailing his master. Hating it so much.

"Sir, I didn't do anything. Sir please lis-" I tried explaining myself, no, I tried lying.

"SHUT UP ROSE!" he yell.  He's now on his phone.  "Inspector, I need you here NOW!" he demanded.

We end up to their private board room.  As I can see, he's completely alarmed of what is happening.  First with Jeffrey and now with Peter.  I watched him closely, I didn't let any of his expression passed my eyes.  Every sh*t!, f*ck...every curse he breath out while drinking whiskey.  He's freaking out.   He lost his composure.  He's bursting with anger. He threw his glass just right in front of me. A piece of the broken glass hit my leg, I felt the pain and the blood slowly dripping out from the wound it caused me.  It didn't matter to me but it did add more hate to Clifford.

Adrian followed immediately after dispersing all the directors.  I was standing next to the door and he intentionally collided with me and I fell down the floor for the second time. I cursed him and already killed him on my mind.  The two of you will die on my bare hands. I whispered.

"Clifford, what the hell is happening?" I heard Adrian asked as I'm trying to stand.

"Rose what happen?" a weakening voice.  My hand shivered upon hearing his voice. It's him. He's already here.  "You're hurt Rose.  Your leg is bleeding." he helped me to stand up.  "I'll bring you to the clinic." he offered.

"N-no need Inspector." I told him.

"Dave what are you doing?" Clifford shouted.

"She's hurt Clifford, cant you see?" he answered.

"The hell we care Dave!" Adrian.  "We called you not to sympathize with her but to discuss this." Adrian showed the video to Dave.

"And we think, that girl have something to do with this." Clifford referring to me.

The hell with both of you, Clifford and Adrian.  If I could say it all loud, YES! I am responsible to all of these.  The missing of your two brothers and both of you will be next.

"Who Rose? Are you seriously out of your mind Clifford?"  Dave asked.  "Dont be stupid judging and jumping into a conclusion."

Dave was my night and shining armor, he helped me to sit and he took off the piece of glass that strikes me.  It was not painful anymore, Dave took all the pain away.  He pulled out his handkerchief and covered the wound on my leg just like what he did on my hand yesterday.  I smiled.

"Are you done with her Dave?  We need to discuss.  This is too alarming.  And we think it was the same person who took Jeffrey." Adrian.

"It was more than an affair thing.  It's more personal." Clifford.

"And how does it involves Rose?" Dave asked.

"We're not so sure -yet.  That is why you're here Dave, to investigate.  That's why we hire you." Adrian.

"I know that Adrian, I'm not stupid.  But you did not answer my question, how does it involves Rose?" he asked again.

"She's the one who played the video." Adrian.

"Is that true Rose?"

"Y-yes." I answered.

"See! You f*cking b*tch!" Adrian.

"B-BUT IT'S THE SAME CD CLIFFORD GAVE ME!" I screamed on top of my lungs.  My voice echoed the room.

"Is that true Clifford?" asking Clifford.