Chapter 14

Chapter 14

“Alone?” I whispered to Dave's ear as I saw him sitting on same bar we had met.

“Woah Cinderella!” he screamed.

“Alone?” I repeated.

“Nope, not anymore.”

He grinned as he saw my sweetest smile. Those naughty grin that I so like about him.

“Margarita here please.”  I ordered my first drink.  I need alcohol tonight.

“You looked so happy?” he asked

“What?! Are you a psycho?”

“No.  I’m an Inspector.” he answered.

“Really? You don't look like one.” I need to pretend that I was clueless.

“Haha." he laughed.  "You really looked so happy, why?" he asked.

“Haha.” I laughed with him.  “Yes I'm happy. Uhm seriously, what do you do for living?” I asked.

“I already told you.  I’m an Inspector.”

“Oh really? If you are, you might really suck!”

“Why?”

“Coz if you are really an Inspector, and you’re good at it- you wouldn’t tell a stranger that you are.  It’s a confidential matter diba?  You should know that, so I really doubt that you are. Haha”

“Uhm that’s right. Haha” he agreed and laughed with me.

“You see! How am I supposed to believe you?  You might be talking to a murderer right now.”

“You’re really good.  You impressed me.  But you don’t look like a murderer so why will I worry.”  with his naughty smile and tempting lips.  “You’re an angel with sweet red lips that I missed kissing.”

“You sure of that? How would you know whom to trust nowadays?  People look angel on the outside but devil in the inside.” he doesn’t know that I’m referring to myself.

“Some maybe, except for you.  I’m sure of that.”

Stupid Dave. “For all you know, I might kill you if you dare to kiss me again.”  I bit my lower lip.  Seductive, tempting, irresistible.

“Oh no you wont.”

“Sure?”

“Dare?”

“Haha.” I just laughed

“What’s with that laugh Cinderella?”

“Nothing.  So Inspector, any case you are into now?” I asked.  Feed me the information I need Dave.  

“I'm about to solve a crime and I need to unwind.”

“You are?”

“Yes.”

“Tell me about it? Let's pretend that I believe you, show me your convincing power.”

“And what’s my reward if I convinced you?” he asked.

“We might fall onto bed together.” I teased.

I saw the sparks on his eyes.  The hunger for a kiss and the lustful desire.  He’s ready to burst it all out.

“You see that guy over there?” pointing at Adrian Sentosa’s table.

“The womanizer guy surrounded of horny girls.”  I answered.

“Yes that one.”

“What about him? Is he a murderer?”

“No silly.  He’s Adrian Sentosa a business tycoon on his early age.”

“Yes, you already told me that. What's new about him?”

“He’s family was my assignment.  Last week his brother, Jeffrey had found having an affair with a married woman that leads to his death.”

“Death?” I showed him my convincing worried face.

“Yes, uhm thou not exactly sure about that.  As per my initial investigation, I dropped two names on my suspects list and-“

“Two names?”

“Yes.  Two secretaries.”

“Ok.  And your suspects now are?”

“The woman he had affair with and her husband.”

“Really?  Are you sure about that?”  

“Not 100% sure but evidences was pointing to the two of them.  We found blood stains on clinics floor, chair and on the doctors’ forceps and gown that was hidden behind the clinic.”

“Did they admit it?

“Sino bang umamin sa kasalanan?”

“So you just assumed that one of the spouses was the suspect?

“Yes, no, maybe.  We’re still conducting investigation and collecting evidences.”

“I am studying law Inspector, and you seem like not sure about your suspects.  Are they in jail? And are you sure that he’s murdered? I mean that Jeffrey?”

“Case against the spouses was already filed by the brothers pero naka pag-bailout ang mag-asawa. On murder issue, wala pa naman nakikitang katawan nya.  Only pictures that was sent via MMS using Jeffrey’s own phone number.  He maybe just kidnapped, missing or murdered. We’re really not that sure.  Kaya the case was not yet closed.”

“I see.”  I know everything about this Dave. I want to know something new.  “So you think, its not all about the affair thing” I asked.

“I can’t give a definite answer to that.  Sentosa have four siblings, the youngest was Adrian, that one over there-.  He's obviously a womanizer, he got some stalker issues and women who claims that their babies was his.  Aside from that, wala namang serious problem. Jeffrey, 2nd to the youngest, the one that was missing was also a womanizer and there, may secret affair nga.  Peter, the 2nd from the eldest, he’s not actually a pain.  He’s a workaholic, he’s in love with his work-”

“So Perfect Man do exist?”

“No, not really.  He’s a gambler." Via's