Chapter 11

Chapter 11

That day lasted with no further dramas.  I plan to visit Marg and act a concerned friend.  I know that we will be listed as suspects so I need to talk to her about it. I saw Via outside the building, we used to go home together since we are on the same way home.

“Rose, we’ll be having merienda.  Care to join?”  Via asked.

“Uhm, I have other plan.”

“Ngayon lang, sige na.  Wala kasi si Marg, leave daw.  Ayoko naman ma-OP kay Pat and her bf.”

“Boyfriend?”

“Daw.  Yung cute guy sa floor mo.  Ayun oh.”  pointing to Pat’s direction.

“The machine operator?”

“Huh? Machine operator?” she repeated.

“Like yes.  Yan yun operator ng copier naman sa taas.”

“For real?  Kaya pala hindi nya mabangit ang designation nun lalaki whenever we asked her. I am not surprised. Haha” she laughed.

“What do you expect from her?” I seconded.

“So you’re not coming.  Ang saya kayang i-bulgar yung secret nya in front of her and her jowa.  Sama ka na.”  she insisted.

“Masaya nga sana, but Marg is more important to her.”

“Marg?”

“Yes.  I’m worried about her.  Hinatid ko sya kahapon sa bahay nila coz she’s having a diarrhea until now.”

“Really.  Kaya pala wala kahapon.  That’s too sweet Rose.”

I just smiled.

“Can I go with you?  Marg is a friend of mine too.” she asked.

“That will be a great idea.  She’ll be more happy to see both of us.” I agreed.  Via will be a big help to convince Marg about my plan.

“Let’s go.”

“Ok.  Let’s take a taxi then let’s drive thru to the nearest food chain and order dinner for everyone.”

“Tama, tama!” she said.  “Ang galing mo talaga Rose.”

“Hmp hindi naman.”  I am more than that.

Marg were so happy seeing me and Via.  She felt so important that her friends cared for her so much.  While having dinner I broke the silence.

“Uhm Marg, are you reporting tomorrow?” I asked.

“I have to.  I still don’t feel ok thou.”

“Then don’t report muna.” Via said.

“I can't, the HR called me this morning and wants me to report tomorrow for some urgent matter.”

“Is it about your leave?”

“I don’t know.  Is it a major offense ba?  May certification naman ako from the company’s doctor.”  she worriedly said.

“Eh yun naman pala eh.”

Obviously these girls don’t have any idea of what is really happening so I need to spill it all out.

“I think I know the reason why.” I said.

“What?”  both of them asked.

“Its about Jeffrey’s case.”

“Case?”

“Yeah.  I overheard this morning that Jeffrey was murdered.”

“What?” Via and Marg again.