Chapter 42

Chapter 42

"You're already here?"

"Obviously yes."

"Am I late? Oh wait, according to my watch it's just 4:45 am. Don't tell me my watch stopped!"

"Don't be so paranoid Inspector, I'm just- early.  Need to do some things and prepare the papers that I need to bring to Clifford."

"Haha.  I know that, I'm just playing with you Rose.  So early in the morning, why so serious?"

"I hate working during weekends.  It's supposed to be me and my bed moments."

"I know the feeling.  You need to do this diba?  So stop complaining, let's go?  I brought my CRV instead of my old junk car, you know for long travel purposes." he excitedly told me.

"Really?" I showed him my excited face as well. "But unfortunately you have to leave your car here."

"What? What do you mean?" he asked.

"We are not bringing your car Inspector." for my own security purposes.  It's better to be sure than to be sorry later.

"You brought your own car?"

"Nope, we'll take the bus."

"No way."

"Yes way.  Remember my condition?  Well, taking a bus is part of it."

"But it's a long travel?"

"I know.  It's also your advantage diba?  You wont be driving that long and can take a nap during the travel."

"But I already planned everything." he told that made my eyebrow curved up that he noticed.  "Hey Rose, don't get me wrong.  It's just that, I had planned and prepared for this.  In fact I made you a sandwich and squeezed you orange juice for breakfast." he sound so upset.

I felt guilty of what he said and how he sounded.  He's really thoughtful and "masculine-sweet" if there's any kind of that term.  But I need to focus on my goal and be very careful with my actions.  I am not sure of what is Dave thinking right now.  If he's playing on me or he's sincere with all his deeds.

"I'm sorry Inspector, I'm just not used being with a- MAN.  I grew up with my only sister beside me."

"Don't be sorry Rose.  I'm just sad that you don't TRUST me."

That word hit me.  I do love him but trusting him is a different thing.

"It's not that I don't trust you, I am just being careful not to-"

"Fall in love with me?" he teased.

"Inspector, where did it come from?  That's not what I meant.  Please do understand.  I know you're a decent gentleman."

"I am Rose.  Decent is my 2nd name and Gentleman is my middle name."  he joked that made me smile a bit.  "That's what I want from you Rose, your smile.  It made you more beautiful.  You're simple but perfectly beautiful." he can't resist of touching my face. His face is getting closer with mine, is he really trying to kiss me.  Oh no you wont Inspector.

"And Inspector Dave, as my 2nd condition.  No FLIRTING."

"What? I am not flirting."

"You may say that again, but don't try doing it again.  It will never work out.  We will never be ending in bed Inspector." oops, did I really said that?

"That's too much for a conclusion Rose.  I never thought of that.  But since you brought it out, think twice.  No one did ever resist my charm."  he showed me his naughty grin.