Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“Prepare the Board Room Rose.” an urgent voice from Clifford.

“Se-sir? I thought you were out-”

“I was, but this is an emergency.  Prepare the Board Room and give me a cup of coffee after.” he instructed.

“Yes sir.”  I knew it would happen.  I am about to leave my desk when I saw Adrian coming, he went directly to Clifford’s room.

“What the f*ck happened?  Have you seen the pictures Clif?” he shouted.

“Calm down Adrian, let’s wait for Peter. And let’s discuss sa Board Room.” Clifford replied.

“Calm down?  Our brother was murdered!” he furiously shouted.

“Shut your mouth Adrian, baka may makarinig sa’yo.”

I left my desk to prepare the Board Room.  It’s the room where the brothers usually do their meeting. It’s actually doesn’t look like a Board Room but a private bar with bottles of wine, whisky, rum and other alcoholic beverages.

I turned on the light and the aircon and felt satisfied with the cold breeze it brought to my skin.

I felt victorious.  One Sentosa down. Haha. I laughed behind my mind.  What happened yesterday?  What’s with the pictures?  Simple, after Jeffrey’s defeat yesterday, I took photos of him using his phone and MMS it to his brothers later that night. Isn’t that wonderful?  That is the same reason why Clifford came back too early from his business trip, I assumed. And all of these are part of my plan.  No Sentosa should be out of my sight.

I went back to my desk hearing same voices from the inside.  No sign of Peter?  To make sure, I will bring Clifford’s coffee inside.

“Do you know anyone na kaaway ni Jeffrey?” Adrian asked.

“I don’t have an idea, you know how secretive Jeffrey is.  Madalas pa natin syang hindi makita kaysa sa nakikita natin sya.”

“That’s true.”  Adrian sighed.

“Where is Peter?  I sent him message early this morning.”  Clifford asked.

”He said he’s just need to attend his scheduled meeting with the supplier then he’ll be coming afterwards.”  

“Inuna nya pa yun. This is an emergency!”

“You know Peter.  He’s just act cool with everything.”

“Even if he’s brother was-“

                       Knock knock

“Who’s there?”

“Your coffee sir.”

“Bring it here.”

I opened the door and saw Clifford sitting on his chair and Adrian staring outside the window.  I put the cup of coffee on Clifford’s desk.

“Rose.”  Clifford called.

“Yes sir?”

“Can you please call Jeffrey’s secretary?”

“She’s on leave sir.”

“She is?”

“Yes sir, sick leave.”

“Why?”

“Diarrhea.”

“Since when?” Adrian asked.

“Yesterday afternoon.”

“Yesterday!” Adrian again.

 “Yes sir.  I brought her yesterday sa clinic and the doctor advised her to go home and take a rest.  I also accompanied her home.”

“You also left? Clifford asked.

“Yes sir.  The HR allowed me to.  Para rin po may kasama si Marg umuwi due to her condition.”

“Ok Rose.  That will be all.”  Clifford asked me to leave.

“We need to call Inspector Sales.” Adrian suggest.

“I did. He’ll be here soon.”

I am about to leave the room when suddenly Clifford called me.

“Rose.”

“Po?”

“Once Inspector Sales arrived, assist him sa Board Room.”

“I will sir.”

Calling back up.  Catch me if you can, I dare them.

               Ring ring

A call from the lobby guard.

“CSS office.”

“Hello ma’am, Inspector Sales po nandito na.”  the guard informed me.

“Ok. Send him up.”

“Thank you ma’am.”

After a short while a voice excused himself from my behind.

“Ehem, excuse me Miss I’m looking for Clifford.”

I almost fell from my sit when I saw who's Inspector Sales is.  Dave?

“Hi, I’m Inspector David Sales.” He introduced himself.

“A-ah yes, he wants you to wait inside the Board Room.  I’ll assist you there.”  What the ef!  I screamed on my mind.

“Ok thanks.” with his familiar smile and tempting lips.  Sh*t! This feeling again.

I stood up from my chair and accompanied him to the Board Room.  We are both quiet as we reached to Room.

“Sir please come in, I’ll inform sir Clifford that you were already here.”

“Ok, thank you.”

I turned my back and took few steps away from him when-

“Uhm Miss.” he called.

“Yes sir?” I answered.  But I didn’t dare to look at him.

“You look famil-“  

“Dave.” Clifford greeted.

That was close.  I hurriedly left the place leaving Clifford, Adrian, Peter and Dave behind.  Oh, Dave why of all people.

-----------------------x

Author's Note:

Sorry for late update guys, naging sobrang busy tapos nawalan pa kame ng wifi. promise babawi po ako.

thanks for the patience :)

love love

miss red