Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Sirens, I heard sirens and gets louder and louder as I get nearer the Sentosa building.

As I arrived, I saw police mobiles parked in front of the building and number of policemen standing by the front door.  I looked around looking for Dave but I didn't see from anywhere. He should be here.  I told myself.  I ignored my dismay and went inside the building and timed-in.  I glanced once again at the front door thinking that I could see Dave but who I saw was Patricia Flores coming.  If my thought was right, this have something to do with the voicemail sent to Clifford so I decided to stay at the lobby and wait for what will happen next.

Patricia was approached by one of the officer, clueless of what is happening she smiled at the officer and said "Yes?"

"Are you Patricia Flores?" the officer asked.

"Yes."

"You're under arrest.  Please remain-"

"Wait, I am what?"

"Here's the warrant of arrest Ma'am.  Please come with us."

"Ano 'to joke?  Hindi naman Afril Pools day ah." she asked.

"No Patricia, hindi 'to joke.  Sumama ka na lang sa amin.  We'll tell you everything there." said Dave.

I know he's here and just waiting for the right time.  He's with Adrian's bodyguard.

"Dave I'm sure, sya yung girl that night." the bodyguard told.

Patricia wearing her micro-mini black dress topped with red blazer, her long curly hair brushed down, a full hard make-up and also wearing the mac RED LIPSTICK I gave to her.  Perfect.   Just so right and perfect, she's definitely the girl last night.

"Ha? Nakilala mo ko? How?" she asked the bodyguard.

What did she just said?  There's something behind that question.  I need to know what, it might be useful. I told myself.

"You have to remain silent Patricia." said Dave.

After saying that, Patricia was handcuffed and led to the police mobile.  The mobile moved as soon as Patricia got inside.  Everybody who witnessed what happen was all shocked.  Including me.  What Patricia said left me question that I need to find the answer.  I need to go to the precinct, but how?

"Rose!" a yell from the front door.

"Marg."

"What happen?  Why Patricia was arrested?"

"I don't know. Why don't we ask Inspector."

"Oo tama."

"What are you going to ask me ladies?"

We haven't noticed that Dave was already in front of us.

"Ah Inspector, what happen to Patricia?" Marg asked.

"Investigation lang."

"Regarding? Peter or Jeffrey?" Marg again.  I let her do the asking.

"No." Dave short reply.

"Another case?"

"Unfortunately yes."

"Don't tell me, it's Adrian?"

"You guess right."

"Why do I have this feeling, inisa-isa ang boss natin Rose."

"I don't want to think that way Marg." I replied.

"Same here, I don't want to think that way.  Besides, there's no reason for Clifford to be worried.  It's not an act of a serial killer.  Peter, Jeffrey and Adrian's cases are different situations and have different suspects.  It just happen that all cases involves one name, Sentosa."

"So you mean my boss has nothing to worry about?" I asked.

"Yes.  I assure him that.  But for security purposes, we assigned him more bodyguards aside from the security system we installed at his office, house, phone and car.  And just incase someone tried to abduct him or something, he is now a walking tracking device.  It will be easy for us to tracked him and his abductor down just in case that happen.  Sad thing that Adrian refused to have the same system, that's for him invading of privacy."

Stupid Adrian.  That thing could have save his life, and not the tracking device he tried to threaten me.  Oh it was too late for him to regret.  Now I need to plan more careful for my next target.

"I see.  That's good.  Sir Clifford really needs something like that.  Now that he's the only remaining Sentosa." I said.

"Yes.  We need to do that, Clifford will be our only lead just in case all of these are work of a serial killer."

"Serial killer? Why jumping with that conclusion?" I dare to asked.

"I'm not saying that it was indeed serial killing, but we need to be more vigilant.  Clifford is the only one left.  We need to protect him as long as we can.  And besides we're not disregarding the possibility of serial killing."

"We understand Inspector." I told.

"Rose, I want you to cooperate with us.  Just in case someone called, emailed or send a package again to Clifford, everything, please let us know.  Especially those unofficial."

"Of course Inspector.  I will cooperate."

"Thank you Rose."

"We'll go now Inspector, we don't want to interrupt your work." said Marg.

"Would you like to go to precinct with me?  To show care and support to Via and now to Patricia." asked Dave.

That question sends me good vibes.

"Can we?" we both asked.

"I wont ask you two if you're not." his joke was not funny but I just ignored it, going with him and being able to ask Patricia were the only thing on my mind.  But wait, how about Clifford?  He'll definitely look for me.

"I'll go." Marg excitedly said.

"I would like to, but Clifford will sure look for me." I told.

"Don't worry Rosemarie, he's out.  Somewhere more safer.  He needs to relax and to think.  He's so much stressed of what happen."

"Somewhere safer?"

"Yes, their rest house at Bolinao Pangasinan."

"I see."  I don't put much attention of Clifford's whereabouts, I'm looking forward on talking to Patricia.