Chapter 38

Chapter 38

It took me hours to convinced myself of calling my sister.  I really don't have plans of talking to her after the revelation from Adrian.  Yes, I still do have questions, tons of it but I rather chose to get my answer from someone else.  I don't want to hear more lies from her. 

My personal phone was off after a freaking 500 missed calls and messages from her.  With still hesitations of turning it on, I took one deep breath and pressed its power button and wait until it fully turned on.  The screen flashed numbers of missed calls and text messages from my Ate. More new messages coming in.  It was all from the same person.

I have no plans of reading all the messages when new messages were received. It were notifications that I got 4 voicemail from an unknown number.  No one knows my personal number aside from my Ate and having voicemail from a different number interests me.  Does Ate used a different number to get my attention? But knowing her, she will not to do something like that.  It's either I'll talk to her or not.  She'll be waiting for the waves to ease down, she's very patient.

I decided to dial my mailbox number to listen to the voicemails I've received.

Frist Voicemail

Hi Cliff, it's Adi.

I know you're still sleeping so I will leave you this message.

I wont be reporting for a week, I'm busy with you know what.

I you need anything, or need to tell me something, just leave me a message and I will call you back.

Second Voicemail

I forgot to tell, I'll be turning my phone off after this message.

I'm busy...

Babe, who's that? Let's go (voice of a girl)

She can wait no more Cliff...

Babe? (voice of a girl)

I'll be there babe.

So I'll be hanging now, see you after a week.

Third Voicemail

Clifford, she's Patricia.

What the f*ck Adrian! (a girl yelling)

Her name is Pat-

Give me that! (girl)

Toooooooooooooot (sound of a long beep)

Fourth Voicemail

Hi sissy, it's your Ate.

Let me say first about the voicemails,

Just in case you'll learn from Clifford that Adrian called him, you don't have to worry about it.

He did not escaped, I just made Adrian record his voice before I put him to rest.

I send to you Adrian's first two recorded voices before sending it to Clifford.

I just thought that you needed more time before the revelation of Adrian's missing that's why I recorded his voice and made it more dramatic to sound more convincing.

But since you're not replying to my text messages nor answering the phone, I decided to send it to Clifford even without your permission.

I thought it was the right thing to do because I know you really need time to think things over.

After what you have learned from Adrian, I know you needed time to think.

If you're going to push thru the plans or not? or back out because of the things you've learned?

I'm so sorry Rosemarie, I did kept things from you but believe it or not, I did not lie for any other reason but for your own sake only.

I love you more than anything else. Even more than my life.  You're the only person I have.

The third voicemail was not yet send to Clifford, I want to hear your permission first before doing so.

I'm sorry for sending this voicemail but since you're not talking to me, I don't have any other option.

I know you have questions.  Let me clear myself to you sis.

Please call me once you got all the voicemails.

Good thing that Adrian did not escaped.  That's the only thing entered my mind.  It was a relief.

Ate did a good job, she's so clever with the voicemail thing.  It did helped me prolong the revelation of Adrian's abduction.  And it did gave me more time to think things over.  But what I don't want was her idea of talking to her and hear her lame excuses.  Like what I said, I don't want to hear anything from her, she'll just definitely lie to me and it will just worsen my hate on her.

Instead of calling her I just send her a  message.

|Are you aware that Adrian's phone has tracking device and his number was wiretapped?

She replied

|I know sissy, don't worry about that.

I replied

|Ok.  I'm not worried, just making sure.  Send him the 3rd voice message this midnight.

She replied

|Noted.  Still mad? Can we please talk?

I replied

|Mad? Yes. Talk? No need.

She replied

|Let me explain

I replied

|If I need explanation, I'll not be hearing it from you.

She replied

|Who?

I replied

|Clifford.

She replied

|What do you mean?

I replied

|You don't deserve my explanation.  Just send the voice message this midnight.

|I'm turning this phone off.