Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I went to Marg desk but she's not in her area.  I went to our Clinic but the nurse told me that nobody went there.  Last resort, CR.

I went inside the comfort room, "Marg?"

"Rose?"

"Yes.  Are you ok? I'm worried."

"No Rose, nakakailang balik na ko dito."

"Sorry Marg, its all my fault.  After mo dyan, I'll bring you to the clinic."

"Rose?"

"Yes."

"Can you please wait for me outside na lang?"

"OK, then we'll go to the clinic after ok?"

"Yes."

"Ok I'll go outside na muna." I covered my nose. I can't take the smell inside.

I heard the flush and after I saw her coming out.  She look tired and dehydrated. Poor Marg, but you have to suffer.  I need to use you.  You're part of my act.

"Let's go?"

She just nod her head.

"Can you still walk?"

"I think so."

Oh no Marg, don't try holding my hand. But it's too late, she got my hand for help. Did she washed her hand? I hope so.

Inside the clinic.

"How is she doc?"

"She's tired and she lost a lot of water as she go back and forth sa CR."

"Where is she now?"

The doctor pointed at the comfort room.  She pooped again.

"She needs some rest and a lot of water. 2 hours na rin ata syang naglalabas ng water sa katawan nya."

"Can she stay here sa clinic?"

"Pwede, but its better for her to go home at dun magpahinga."

"Is she allowed?" Please allow her. I pled at the back of my head.

"This is not a school Miss, she can go and just file sick leave afterwards." the doctor joked which is not funny.

"I know that doc.  But still she needs something to support her leave.  Hindi pa po kasi kame regular employees and we don't have sick leave yet."

"Ah ganun ba?  Ok I'll give her medical certificate and an excuse slip that I advised her to go home to rest."

"Thank you po." I smiled sarcastically.

"Can I go back to my desk?"  Marg asked as she wend out the CR.

"No Marg, you should rest." I answered.

"But I still have some works to do."

"You can do that tomorrow Marg."

"Yes Miss Cortez, as your doctor, I want you to go home, rest and drink a lot of water." the doctor explained.

"Pero-"

"No buts Marg."

"Here Miss Cortez, nandito ang instruction ko and yun meds na you need to take."

"Doc I can't go home,  baka-."

"Ah that's right doc, hind sya pwedeng umuwi mag-isa. Hindi nya na kaya. Baka mapapano sya sa daan?"