Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"Hi there Inspector." I whispered on Dave's ear.

"Oh hi Cinderella." he greeted me. He smelled cigarette and alcohol. "What brings you here? It's just Thursday." he asked.

"I need to relax.  Law school is driving me insane." I answered him. "One tequila please." I ordered.

"I see." his short reply.

"What's the problem Inspector? You seem not on the mood?" I asked.

"Work." again a short reply.

"One-word-man huh?  What's bothering you? New case Inspector?"I asked. Since Dave is here, I'll ask him information.  Though my only plan for tonight was to just relax, plan and think. I never thought that I'll be seeing him here since his busy with Peter's case.

"Case? I thought you don't believe me being an Inspector?" he answered.

"Yeah I don't, really." I answered on my dismay.

"Let's not talk about my job Cinderella.  How about telling me something about yourself." he sounded really drunk.

"I'm not an interesting person Inspector." i told him.

"Oh come on Cinderella.  How about your real name?"

"I'm- Cinderella.  I more like that name than my real one."

"Well then, mysterious Cinderella, I really like your red lipstick." he asked me.

He's now holding my chin.  Our faces now closer.  I got drunk with the aroma of his breath.  He's lips getting closer and closer.  I can't help it.  I closed my eyes and bit my lower lip.

"I love you Rose." he told me before the kiss.

Rose? Did he say Rose? I asked my self.

We almost kissed when he stopped.

"Why did you stop?" I asked.

"I'm sorry." he apologize.

"Sorry for what? For almost kissing me?"

"For calling you someone you are not." he explained.

"Someone who I'm no-" I almost forgot that I'm not Rose that very moment. "Who -who is she Inspector?" i just asked him instead.

"She's someone I like Cinderella."

I was shocked.  I never expect it.

"Is she more than I am?"

"Honestly, you're way too beautiful.  She's not really as pretty as you are, -but she's different.  She's unique. She's simple yet very tough and that made her more beautiful." he told me.

I was blushing.  Thank God that it was dark.

By that moment, I felt like dreaming. My heart is overflowing with joy.  I don't want it to stop.  I wanted to scream, to tell him that I am rRsemarie, to tell him that i love him too. If only I could, if only I could.

          hey sistah soul sistah go sistah soul sistah.

I heard my phone ringing. What a very good timing. I annoyingly said. I reached my bag to get my phone and put it off.  I don't want to miss this very moment that Dave's finally said his I love you.  Finally I'm holding my f*cking phone and about to turn it off when it accidentally slipped from my hands and as I tried catching it, I fell myself down the floor.

I felt embarrassed.  I looked up to see Dave's reaction but I don't see him anymore.  The hard music stopped and the place become too dark, can't hardly see a thing but I recognized the smell.  It smelled like my- no doubt it was the smell of my room.  And finally I got used with darkness and eventually saw that I was just inside my room.  Everything, everything including Dave was just a dream.

        hey sistah soul sistah go sistah soul sistah.

"What do you need?" I screamed as loud as possible. I hate my Ate so much.  I could kill her right now.

"Ouch sissy! Calm down."

"How could I calm down? You woke me up in the middle of my- sleep." I wanted to say dream, but that was not so me.

"I don't care even if you're dreaming.  I want you to turn on your TV.  You should see the late news on channel 11." after saying her last word she ended the call.

"hey, hey! dont just hang m-" wtf Ate.  you called me just to tell me to watch the late news.

And since I was already up, I turned on the TV just what as she told me.  I am too sleepy, my eyes are too heavy.  What does she wanted me to see? I rest down to my couch while waiting for the news. I almost fell asleep when I over heard a news regarding a missing Jeffrey Sentosa and it's supposed to be connection with Peter Sentosa's abduction.

Jeffrey? I asked myself.  I immediately sat down and paid attention to the news.

I cant believe it, someone have told Jeffrey's case to the media. It was already a closed case. And no one except  Marg, Dave, Peter, Clifford and Adrian who knew about it.  No wait! Is it Marg mom? Impossible. Or is it Olivia? I swear, I'll kill that girl on my bare hands if she's the one who's leaking all the information to the media.

-------------------

author's note:

this is too short i know :)