Part 12

It's the night after grandpa's birthday and me and Rory were getting ready for the winter carnival, whilst mom is getting ready for dinner at the inn because gran came as a surprise. (Outfit above.) After we get ready we cover the house in flowers and tidy because gran wants to see the house. When grandma, grandpa, and gran come we follow gran around the house and then she just leaves. I think that means we don't have to move.

When me and Rory get to the town square Rory goes over to Jess and I join Noah and Cassie. "hey guys, so I will right now make the promise not to third wheel." Noah laughs, "oh we know, you see I thought I would surprise you. Turn around." I furrow my eyebrows and turn around. When I turn around I see Jay. I put on a smile, I couldn't help feel a little disappointed it wasn't someone else.

He walks up to me and hugs me, "hey, you. Your friend here got my number, he thought it was time for our first real date." I nod, "sounds good to me, thanks Noah. I guess we'll catch you later on." Cassie winks, "have fun, but not too much." I shake my head, "yeah, yeah." Jay puts his arm around me and asks, "how would you like a snow cone." I smile up at him, "I would love one."

After playing a few games he won my a teddy bear. I then see Jess, Rory, Dean, and his little sister Clara. I laugh, "oh, my God." Jay raises an eyebrow, "what, what are you looking at." I shake my head, "my twin is hanging out with her ex, her exes little sister, and her obviously jealous boyfriend. I never thought I would see the day." He smirks, "so much drama in such a little town." I laugh, "just you wait, when things are this calm it means a storms coming in the Gilmore world. The calmness of Stars Hollow never lasts long. Big or small someone will yell at each other, most likely Luke and Taylor." He nods, "I remember you telling me about them around Thanksgiving time."

We meet up with Noah and Cassie and I drag him away from Cassie and Jay. I smack him round the head, "why did you do this?" He rubs his head, "wow, kitty's still got claws, noted. Come on, I thought this would be the perfect first date. Tell me what I did wrong?" I shrug, "nothing I've had a great time, but--" He continues me my sentence, "he's no Logan or Finn. I get that, but not every guy is the same." I sigh, "I know, you're right." He smirks, "when am I wrong, I mean he won you a teddy. What did you call it." My smile brightens, "sir Winslow Applebee the 3rd." He puts an arm around me as we walk back, "duh, of course what else would you call him."

At the end of the night Jay walked me to my door, "I had a great time tonight." I give him a small smile, "so did I." He steps forward, "can I kiss you." I look down at the floor and then back up at him, "maybe wait, you know for the second date." He kisses my cheek, "as you wish, well I gotta go or I'll miss the bus." I nod and once he leaves I go back inside.

When I get home I sit next to mom and tell her about tonight, "mom tell me, is it bad that in my head I kept comparing him to Logan. I mean I never even kissed Logan or dated him really. I just couldn't help it." Mom shakes her head, "oh hun, you really like him don't you?" I nod, "yeah I guess I do, but I like Jay. Maybe I should try more." Mom smiles, "call Logan, ask him if he's seen anyone. Have some closer." I snuggle into her, "I don't want to know." She kisses my head, "but you need to."

After awhile I went up and after staring at it I finally picked up the phone and called him, "queenie? What can I do for you." I sigh, "Logan, be straight with me. Since you left have you seen anyone." He sighs, "Queenie, I don't want you to wait for me. Maybe when you start collage we can be together, but do you really think it could last right now." My eyes tear up, "so that would be a yes the, I just needed to know. Night Charming." I hang up the phone and run outside and see mom and Rory sitting on the porch steps. Mom looks at me, "oh hunny. Come to mommy." I run over to her and hug her. Rory soon joins.

After that night I think I am finally ready to move on, I mourned what could have been and what still can be. I am going to live in the moment and start dating others, like Jay. He's nice I guess.

A/N: Hey guys, so the point of this chapter was to officially say that Christina and Logan are romantically on pause until her freshmen year at Yale.

Xoxo Maddie.