Hospital Beds

I wake up to the sounds of beeping machines. I sit up and rub my eyes making sure I wasn't in a dream. I see a familiar face laying down on the side of my bed, it was a quiet, sleeping Calum. I was in hospital. I look at the bed side table and see a giant teddy bear holding flowers in its hands sitting down. 

"Calum?" I gently shake his shoulder "Calum, wake up" 

"Oh my god you're ok!" Calum threw me in his arms, squeezing me tightly. 

"I'll be here longer if you don't let go!" I joke as he releases me. 

"I'm sorry, thank god you're alive" He stares into my eyes. 

"What made you think I was dead?" I question, cupping the left side of his face in my hand.

"Remember how you felt dizzy last night?" Calum informs me, holding my hand in his. 

"Yeah?" 

"Well, when we finished our concert, you fainted, I panicked, Ashton called the ambulance and here you are now" Calum explains, sadness filling his eyes, "I knew I should've taken you to a doctor"

"Don't beat yourself up about it Cal, I'm alive, I'm breathing!" I try to cheer him up. 

"First of all Charlie's party and now this" He says under his breathe. 

"I wasn't the one hurt, it was you, remember you're the one that looked like a panda" I tease, earning a half smile from Calum, "Come on you can smile" 

"I hate you" He laughs. 

"Well, if it's opposite day I hate you too" I grin, "How long have you been here?" 

"Since the moment you got here" Calum rests his head on my lap.

"No wonder why you look so tired! Cal go home, your mum must be worried" I run my fingers through his hair. 

"She's already here, she actually picked your Dad up so they could get here" 

"Do you want to swap spots so you can sleep?" I suggest. 

"Wanna share instead?" Calum winks putting his face up close to mine.

"Shut up" I lift my hand and push his face away, "You guys were amazing last night" 

"You're seriously thinking about that Dee? You fainted!" Calum laughs, sitting back in his chair. 

"Well, it IS the truth!" I smile, "Where is the rest of the amazing 5 Seconds Of Summer?" I tease. 

"In the waiting room" Calum explains holding onto my hand, "Hospital beds freak them out and having you knocked out in one doesn't make it any better" He kisses the back of my hand. 

"And you?"

"What do you mean me?" He raises an eye brow.

"You're not afraid of hospitals?" I question. 

"Of course not! The feeling of sick people does not scare me one bit, if you haven't realised I'm the toughest one in the band" He throws his head back in glory as I chuckle. 

"Oh yeah, because when you slept over last week you didn't shit your pants because of the butterfly flying around in the garage?" I wink. 

"HEY! I thought it was deadly!" He retorts, pouting.

"Mhm, Calum Hood my extremely brave boyfriend" I tease.

"Take that back!" He shouts, smiling.

"What you gonna do about it Hood?"