Teenage Dream

*AT SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY*

I turn to the school gates and see Calum waiting underneath the giant sign. 

"Goodmorning" 

"Eugh!" I heavily sigh. 

"Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" He puts his arm around me. 

"He! Very funny" I rub my eyes, the bell sounds. 

"Can you make more of those sandwiches again" He thinks back to the fried ham and cheese sandwiches I made for breakfast yesterday.

"Hmmmm, I should get payed" I joke.

"Well the Joker did say" 

We quote Heath Ledger's words in 'The Dark Knight', "If you're good at something, never do it for free" 

We laugh as we walk to homeroom together, discussing our weekend. 

We walk into homeroom, listening to the laughs and gossip of the class. We take our seats and Calum slides out his phone. I drop my head in my hands trying to rest my eyes, before the school day officially started.

"Hey Andie" 

I look up to Calum with his phone facing me. 

"Yeah" I open my eyes.

"Say cheese" 

"Umm... Cheese?" 

The camera on his phone sounded a clicking noise. Calum took a picture.

"CALUMMMM!" I whine as I drop my head onto the table. 

"Yes Andie?" He smiles, not looking up from his phone. 

"No photos, when I'm like a zombie"

"But you're not like a zombie! If you're speaking proper english you're clearly still alive" 

"Thanks for the sarcasm Cal" I roll my head to face him. 

"Alright Guys! Sorry I'm late, husband misplaced his shoes, hopeless I know!" Mrs Anderson walks in putting her bag and coffee on the desk, she begins marking off the roll. 

"Hey Andie, Come with me first period" He whispers.

I sigh "Where to?" 

"Don't worry, you'll see" 

"Ok, but we better not get in trouble, only been at this school for a week"

"Don't worry, I'll look after you" 

Calum's surveillance, his protection makes me happy. Makes me feel great that I moved here. 

The bell rings, Calum nudges my shoulder. I get up off my chair and link arms with Calum. We walk out of the first building and head over to another one. 

In large, black, bold letters, spell 'MUSIC'. 

"The music block?"

"The best building in the whole school, in my opinion" 

He grabs my wrist and rushes into the music room. A young male teacher wearing a blue pin-striped button up and black pants, waits at the door.

"Hey Sir!" 

"Hey Calum" They hi-5. 

Wait did they just hi-5?

"This is Andie" Calum introduces me. 

"Hey" I smile.

"Hi Andie, I'm Mr. Casey, you can call me Jason" 

Call him by his first name?! Teacher's would usually scream at the top of their lungs if they were ever called by their first name! 

"You told our teacher's right Jason?" 

"Yep! The both of you are helping me out with moving our new instruments into the rooms, ok you two go in any music room they are all available, don't break anything" 

Wait, he knows that we are skipping and he doesn't care at all?! 

"Cool, later guys" Mr Casey, I mean Jason walks out of the music block. 

"Nice guy huh?" Calum faces me.

"Nah DUH!" 

"Come on" Calum takes my hand and drags me down the corridor into a large classroom. 

Both acoustic and electric guitars, sit in their stands at the front of the room, a shiny black drum set, 3 microphones and a sleek, white baby grand piano sits in the corner of the room. 

I run over to the grand piano and run my fingers along the top. 

"Pretty cool huh?" 

Calum walks over to a guitar and starts tuning it. 

"Yeah" I sit at the white leather, cushioned stool and place my hands on the keys. 

I think back to when I used to learn how to play by myself, but I gave everything up, guitar, piano, singing even dancing when my Mum left. I try and remember a song, and then it comes to me. 

I lightly press on the keys and begin playing an acoustic version of 'Teenage Dream' by Katy Perry. 

"Wait" Calum pauses "You can play" He slings the guitar on his back and walks over to me. 

"Umm I used to" I continue playing. 

"What can't you do Andie?" He gives out a slight laugh as he hops on top of the piano.

"Well... I can't click my fingers together" 

The intro finishes and I start to sing. 

"You think I'm pretty, without any make up on, you think I'm funny when I tell the punch line wrong, I know you get me, so I let my walls come down. down ... Bef-"

Calum joins in and soon enough we're singing as a duo. He begins strumming on his guitar as he sits on top of the piano and it turns into a duet. 

I press the last chord and I open my eyes. 

"Andie, you're amazing" 

"But not as great as you"

"Why would you stop singing" 

"You know, Mum left and I just shut down. This is the first time I have actually sung and played in about 5 years"

"How did it feel?" Calum gets back down on the ground and sits next to me on the stool. 

"Pretty amazing" 

Our eyes meet and we lean in, eyes locked on eachother. 

The door flipped wide open and Michael and Luke fell in, piled on top of eachother. We pull away.

They get up off of the floor and wave. 

"We weren't eavesdropping if that's what you think" Michael clasped his hands together. 

"Yeah, we were just, umm" Luke raised his eyebrow, as he began thinking of an excuse.

"Ummm Passing by! We were just passing by" Luke gave a guilty chuckle.

Calum looked at me with a saddened expression on his face, I half smile back. 

Who knew so many feelings could be developed for one person in just 8 days. I couldn't think of Calum as a friend anymore, I wanted to be more.

HEY HEY! The author here! I know, I know very corny! Thankyou so much for reading this, i really appreciate it! Tell me what you think in the comments box and maybe if you like it vote or become a fan ? THANKYOU SOOO MUCH FOR READING <3 <3 xxxxx