16th Birthday

"Calummm! Where are you taking me?!"

He was dragging me down the drive way, by my hand.

"Shh" He replies not looking back.

We stop at the front of my house and not letting go of my hand, he pulls out his phone and starts calling someone.

"Max, where are you?"

Wait, he has conversations with my brother? I don't know whether to be happy or completely weirded out.

There was a pause until Calum responded "Ok cool, we'll meet you there".

Calum slips the phone into his back pocket and starts dragging me down the street.

"Calum, if I die because of you I-" I was cut off my Calum's finger being held to my lips.

"No talking, just walk" He responds.

I stay silent for the whole journey, not only because Calum told me to, but because Calum had a determined look on his face the entire time. 10 minutes later we stop at a park, Calum pulls out a red, shiny piece of fabric.

"Turn around" He instructs me.

"This seems kind of shifty Calum, where are we-" Calum cuts me off.

"Do you trust me?" His eyes were staring into mine.

"Yes but!"

"No buts, just turn around!" He protested as I spun around, my back facing him.

He wrapps the fabric across my eyes and all I see is darkness. I feel something tug at my hand and our fingers intertwine. I didn't know how to feel, nervous? scared? excited? I felt like all of those feelings all jumbled into one.

A few stumbles and trips later Calum stops walking and lets go of my hand. He starts to un-tie the blind fold, I keep my eyes closed.

"You can open your eyes Andie" Calum stands next to me.

"There better not be a-" I open my eyes and a glare light fills my vision.

"SURPRRIIISSSEEE!!!!!" A crowd of people shout at me with giant smiles planted on their faces.

"Oh my god" I whisper to myself.

I look across the crowd of people and see my old dance friends from Perth standing in a group, Max and Tori standing at the front of the crowd, my Dad standing on a chair holding a balloon in his hand and somehow Luke, Ashton and Michael were there too, joining my Dad. But to the sides of the crowd I see a group of familiar grown up faces. My cousins.

I run into the crowd of people and into my brother's arms. I am then suffocated by a swarm of people. As I fish myself out, a tear was streaming down my cheek.

"ANDIE!!!!" 2 girls and 4 boys dressed in individual outfits but they somehow looked the same, pull me in their arms.

I felt happy, these guys were the only group of friends I have actually made since I've been moving around.

"GUYS!" I yell at them, "I've missed you soooo much! How did you get here?" I question but still, so very joyous.

"Well your Dad visited us last week and of course we wouldn't forget our baby's birthday!" My friend Xavier responds.

Xavier and I were technically like brother and sister, we were the best of friends, but our whole group was like a family.

I turn around and run into my Dad's arms, "Thankyou so much Dad"

"You're welcome buddy, I couldn't let your 16th birthday go on without being sweet could I?! But I'm not the one you should be thanking" He nods over in Calum's direction.

Calum was laughing away with Ashton and one of my cousins as I skip over and squeeze him tightly, which he then returns.

"Yes birthday girl?" He questions with a cute half smile, his arms still roped around me.

"You did all this?" I pull him away from them and walk to the oak tree which was planted a few metres away from the giant surprise.

"I couldn't let your first birthday in Sydney be crap, you might not stay" Calum smiles and pulls me close to him by my waist.

"How did you know all these people?" I shuffle in closer to him closing the gap between our bodies, I look up into his eyes.

"Max and your Dad helped me find them, but you've always been mentioning them and I knew I had to bring them down here, or up here ... well acro-" I cut him off and let my lips meet his.