Chapter 20: An Unexpected Discovery

Hey readers! So I honestly have no idea what I was thinking when this idea came to me, but it was just so perfect I couldn't ignore it. =P So... I hope you enjoy!

******************************************************************************

"The smartest thing you ever did was take a chance with me. ~Butterfly, Crazy Town

Audrey pulled the blankets up to her shoulders, covering them up a bit. It was a slightly chilly night, though it wasn't anything too extreme. Being in the mountains, the temperature was something she had expected to be cooler than what she was accustomed to in England. Not that it truly mattered to her anyways; she always had Draco to curl up next to.

They had been in the Rocky Mountains for two days so far, and admittedly Audrey was not quite ready to leave yet. They still had a few more days of being there, luckily, and the girl was going to do her best to take advantage of her time away from everyone and everything that didn't involve her husband and relaxing. Just like Draco had promised, no one had bugged them, or as far as she knew even tried to figure out where they had been. It was nice to not have to worry about anything; Audrey was going to have trouble adjusting whenever they got back home. She was getting used to this.

So far they hadn't done too much. The first day they had been there, Draco had woke her up with breakfast in bed; he had never made breakfast before, and although it was not perfect, Audrey gratefully ate it. After all, it was a pretty good first attempt. The rest of the day, the couple found themselves walking around the scenic area, taking in the sites and of course taking pictures. That night they sat around a small fire for a while before heading to bed. This day had been more eventful. Audrey had somehow convinced Draco to go swimming in the small lake not too far from the cabin. They had spent more than half the day there, and had only recently arrived home. Things, of course, only got more interesting from there.

Audrey's thoughts were interrupted when Draco stepped out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. His gaze met Audrey's, and he smiled slightly. "You look cold," he stated as he climbed into the other side of the bed.

Audrey raised an eyebrow at him. "What was your first clue? The fact that I'm huddled under all the blankets?"

Draco laughed quietly. "Always with the theatrics with you, isn't it?" He pulled her close to him, draping his arm around her waist. Draco rested his forehead against Audrey's. "Is this better?"

Audrey pretended about to think about it. "I suppose so."

"Just suppose?" Draco asked back, but then added in a whisper. "Maybe you should put more clothes on. I'm sure wearing those shorts and tank top isn't doing anything for you right now."

"Says the one walking around in his boxers," Audrey couldn't resist retorting.

"Oh you like it," Draco winked at her.

Audrey didn't say anything, resting her head against his chest. She was still willing herself to calm down a bit more. She closed her eyes, a smile still lingering on her face from earlier. The girl honestly was rather tired from the day's activities, and all she wanted to do was catch a few hours of sleep to prepare herself for tomorrow. However, she soon realized that it wasn't going to be possible when Draco started up a conversation again.

"You know... I'm really glad I'm here with you," Draco admitted. "I never thought I would be."

"Why wouldn't you be?" Audrey asked without really thinking about it.

Draco shrugged lightly. "I never thought you'd like me, I guess."

"You know... I've always wondered why you just didn't say something," Audrey spoke up. "I mean, you're Draco frickin' Malfoy. You could've had anyone you wanted in that entire school, and yet out of all of them, you finally chose me." She paused for a moment. "Why were you so afraid to talk to me?"