Chapter 8: Date With Disaster

Hello my beautiful and amazing fans! =) Finally finished this. I wanted it to be longer, but since I was being begged for an upload I decided to shorten it. =) Hope you all like it!

********************************************************************************************************

"Every day I fight a war against a mirror; I can't take the person staring back at me... I'm a hazard to myself." –Don't Let Me Get Me, Pink

Draco hesitantly knocked on the Burrow's front door. He was already uneasy, knowing that his fate could very well be decided by how well this dinner went. Before the door had even opened, the sweet aroma of what he assumed was dinner was already beginning to overwhelm his senses. When the door finally opened, he immediately recognized Mrs. Weasley standing on the other side.

"Good evening, Draco," she greeted with a wary smile. "So glad you could make it. Do come in; dinner shall be done soon."

"Glad to be here, Mrs. Weasley," Draco said back quietly. He stepped inside the house, glancing around for a moment before asking, "Where's Audrey at?"

"She just went upstairs to change into something more suitable for dinner," Mrs. Weasley answered. "She should be back down momentarily."

Draco glanced at his attire. More suitable? He silently hoped he hadn't overdressed for the occasion. After talking Artemis out of a suit, Draco had decided on dark jeans paired with a long sleeve grey shirt under a black suit jacket. He figured that it was nice, but not extremely so. He looked back to Mrs. Weasley after a moment. "Thanks," he finally replied.

Before Mrs. Weasley could answer him, they both noticed Audrey running down the stairs and directly into Draco's arms. Although he was a little startled by her behavior, Draco hugged her back. After a few seconds, he realized that she was shaking; something was definitely wrong. When he noticed Mrs. Weasley had went back into the kitchen, Draco inquired what was bothering her. "What's wrong?"

The girl pulled away from him slightly before handing him a piece of parchment. Draco read it quickly, and he was suddenly in disbelief. Who would send such things? "Who sent this to you?" he demanded an answer as he felt his blood beginning to boil.

"I dunno," Audrey answered quietly. "I went upstairs and it was sitting on my trunk."

Draco took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down before he punched something. "Just calm down. Whoever sent this to you just wanted to get under your skin." He paused for a moment, trying to figure out the best course of action. "Let's not worry about it for now; it's probably just a harmless prank. If it happens again, we'll go from there, mmkay?"

Audrey nodded before pulling away from him entirely. She glanced down at herself before doing a little spin. "Do you like my outfit?"

For the first time, Draco noticed her clothing. It was only the second time he had seen her in a dress. The girl had on a black sundress and a pair of sandals to match. Admittedly, Draco was not used to seeing her like that, but he really did enjoy it. "You should dress like this more often," he decided.

She smiled. "Well... I'll have no choice. We have a lot of events coming up soon that will require me to wear a dress."

"Very true," Draco remembered. "Shall we head to the dining room?"

Audrey nodded. "Let's."

Draco took her hand in his as she led him to the dining room, where a majority of the family was already seated. Audrey led him to the two seats open near the end of the table. She sat down next to Nicole, who was rapidly talking to Ron. Draco hesitantly sat down next to his fiancée as Mrs. Weasley came into the room carrying the rest of dinner. She sat it down on the table before taking her seat at the end of the table next to her husband.