Chapter 10: The Truth Revealed

Hey guys! I finally got a chapter done for you! =D Got to say, this was a fun chapter to write, probably because part of this was partially based on some real life-ish events, though not quite as angry or desperate.

Hopefully I can get a chapter for We Belong Together done here soon too. I desperately need to write it, but as I'm sure some of you know, when I'm hot and irritable, nothing gets written. Unfortunately, the heat here is supposed to stretch at least into next week. =/ Hoping it's gone in time for my vacation in about 3 weeks.

Anyhow... enough of my babbling. Hope you enjoy it. =)

*******************************************************************************************************

"We've got the right to choose, and there ain't no way we'll lose it. This is our life."- We're Not Gonna Take It, Twisted Sister

The girl stared at the door as Molly emerged from the kitchen. Who could be there? They weren't expecting any guests. She continued to stare anxiously as Molly finally opened the door. Admittedly, Audrey was a tad curious as to who would've showed up at this time of night unexpectedly. As the door creaked open, Audrey peered around Molly, only to have her heart sink further. Standing on the other side of the doorway were her parents.

Audrey immediately darted back into the kitchen, hoping she hadn't been seen, and her heart beating out of her chest. How did they find her? Why had they showed up in the first place? Her mind was racing, not knowing what to think, how to react to them being there. The girl was definitely angry, there was no doubt about that. She took a deep breath as she listened to the conversation...

"Quit harboring our runaway daughter," she heard her father hiss.

"Your daughter is seventeen," Molly shot back, definitely not intimidated by Lorcan. "She's free to come and go as she pleases. If she doesn't want to stay with you, then by all means she doesn't have to. She's not yours to control anymore."

"Molly... just please send her home. We have things to discuss," her mother pleaded.

"I'm not going to force her to go with you, so you can discuss whatever you need to discuss here," Molly retorted. "She's an adult now, whether you want to acknowledge that or not. What she does is none of your concern." No one spoke for a moment and she spoke again. "I'll fetch her from the kitchen, but she's not going if she doesn't want to."

Audrey turned to see Molly standing before her. Molly had the look of death on her face; Audrey knew she was livid. "Your parents are here, and if you don't take care of them, I will. And let me tell you it won't be pretty."

Audrey took a deep breath, hoping to calm herself before she walked into the impending confrontation with her parents. "This will get ugly... just thought I would warn you," she said quietly. After Molly patted her on the back, Audrey made her way back into the living room where both her parents stood, neither with very pleasant looks plastered upon their faces.

Audrey stared blankly at her parents for a few moments before speaking. "This has to be important since you actually bothered to track me down after I was gone for what... close to forty-eight hours."

"We're not here to listen to your sarcasm," Lorcan answered. "You're coming home and that's final."

Audrey looked at him and seriously began laughing out loud. "No. I don't think I will be. I'm seventeen; you haven't had a say in what I've done since February, and you surely aren't going to start now. Get the hell over it."