Chapter 9: Practically Family

Hey guys! Finally got some internet that will load this chapter with no problem! I originally wanted to make this chapter longer, and include the next bit in it, but I figured that you all wouldn't want to read an 8 page chapter. =P So the big event will be next chapter!

Hope you all enjoy this! Hopefully I will have a chapter for We Belong Together up later today too! =)

******************************************************************************************

"Everything is alright... if I just breathe." –Breathe, Michelle Branch

Standing outside under a willow tree on the Weasley property, Audrey had her forehead pressed against Draco's. He was finally about to head off towards home after dinner. The girl could tell he was a bit worried, even if he was trying to cover it up. Dinner had not gone the way it was planned. After the argument that had broke out between Draco and Harry, the whole tone of the conversation changed, and not for the better.

"I'm sorry for ruining dinner," he said quietly.

"You didn't ruin anything Draco," Audrey tried to assure him. "Honestly, I am a little upset about the way you handled Harry's outburst, but it wasn't like I hadn't expected it." When the frown didn't dissipate from his face, Audrey sighed. "I'll talk to them in a bit, mmkay? I'm not sure what good it'll do, but I'll try."

A small smile twitched at the corners of his mouth. "Thanks," Draco said back. "I mean... you really don't have to do this. By all means I should just deal with it..."

The girl pulled away from him slightly. "Draco... just shut up." She pulled him into a kiss, hoping that would be reassuring enough for him. Audrey knew she had startled him a bit, but after a few moments, Draco relaxed into it and kissed her back. Audrey hadn't meant for it to turn into anything big but soon she found herself pressed between Draco and the tree, lips still interlocked in a passionate kiss. Admittedly, the girl didn't mind being like this, at least until she noticed they weren't alone.

As she felt Draco start slowly kissing down her jaw line, she opened her eyes, glancing up to see Nicole looking out the window, shaking her head at them. "Draco," she muttered, wishing she didn't have to stop him, or keep her hormones in check, "we're being watched."

Before she was able to say that, Draco had gotten to her neck, and the brunette was sure he had left a mark. "Oh," was all he muttered in response before he pulled away from her, turning to look where Audrey had been staring. "Well, if they want a show..." The blond started to shrug off his jacket.

"Draco, no," Audrey found herself laughing at the act. "It's fine."

He smirked before fixing his jacket. "If you say so, darling," he replied. "Well... I suppose I'll let you do what you got to do, and I'll go try to figure out what I'll do next if this doesn't work out."

Audrey rolled her eyes at him. "It'll be fine; I promise." She stood on her tip toes and kissed him on the cheek. "Now you go home and tell your parents hi for me."

"I will, I will," he promised. "Send an owl after you talk to them okay?"

Audrey nodded. "Mmkay, shouldn't be too long." She paused for a moment before glancing between the ground and him. "I love you."

"I love you too," Draco said. He pulled away from her, taking a few steps back. "I'll see you soon." And with a small popping noise, he was gone.

Audrey sunk back against the tree for a moment, reliving the moment in her head for just a few more seconds. It hadn't changed since the first time they had kissed; Draco still took her breath away, that was certain. When the girl opened her eyes, she saw Nicole standing in front of her, arms crossed and an expectant look upon her face.