Chapter 1: A Rude Introduction

Well I know it took me long enough, but I finally got started on this story! All that's left now is finding someone to make me a cover. =P I was going to wait but missymaris talked me into it.

I figured out a lot of details about this story within the past two weeks or so, and I promise it's going to be a wild ride. =)

And as always, most of the characters belong to J.K. Rowling. Without her, this wouldn't have been possible!

So without further to do, I present to you Chasing Dreams. =)

***********************************************************************************************************

"And it doesn't really matter what they believe, what matters to me is that you're in love with me." –Doesn't Really Matter, Janet Jackson

Pulling into King's Cross Station was not something Audrey had been looking forward to. She had been staring out the window since they had left Hogwarts. Many families had arrived to pick up their students, but it was far fewer than the huge crowd she was accustomed to. Audrey had already spotted her parents among the few parents who had shown up.

She turned away from the window, staring down at her hands. So much had changed in the past eight months she wondered if her parents would even be glad to see her again. She had become severely more rebellious during her seventh year at Hogwarts. Audrey felt an arm pull her close, and she was instantly reminded of it. She had ditched school for a month, stood up to her friends, spied for the Dark Lord himself, amongst many other things.

But by far the most important change in life was the arm around her. Since the past September, she had been with Draco Malfoy, someone she had never fathomed being with. As Audrey rested her head on her boyfriend's shoulder, she toyed with the diamond ring on her left hand. Draco had proposed to her the night before, and neither one had stopped smiling since.

The train slowly came to a stop, signaling the end of the journey home. Audrey stood reluctantly, as did Draco. Neither one of them were ready to go home quite yet. Draco snatched both of their trunks from the overhead rack. His gray eyes met her brown ones, sympathetically wishing that they didn't have to leave now.

"You ready?" he said quietly.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Audrey answered quietly, taking her trunk from him. She figured there was no reason he should have to carry hers as well.

Draco took her hand in his, and the two of them started to head off of the train. As Audrey stepped off of the Hogwarts Express, she was unsure of what kind of reception she would receive from her parents. She hadn't seen them since school had started, and she surely hadn't told them about anything that had happened. She was sure her mother already had figured a lot of it out, but Audrey was hoping she hadn't.

She shook the thoughts from her head as she felt Draco squeeze her hand tightly. Audrey was sure he was feeling just as anxious as she was right now. At least she didn't have to search for her family; he still had to hunt his parents down. Even though he was always able to calm her down, Audrey was so far from calm nothing he could do at this point was going to help her nerves.

"So are you going to go home with your parents?" he asked her.

Audrey nodded. "As much as I don't want to, I know I should. What are you going to do?"

Draco sighed. "Suppose I need to locate my parents. But before I do that, I'll make sure you reach your family safely. Besides... I really need to meet them."