Chapter 5: Dinner With the Weasleys

Hey guys! New chapter time! I didn't know where this chapter was going at first but after a few paragraphs, I figured it out! So I hope you all enjoy! =)

A special thanks to RosiePaige for making this awesome pic/cover for my story. =)

***********************************************************************************************************

"Can't you see that you're smothering me? Holding too tightly, afraid to lose control, 'cause everything that you thought I would be has fallen apart right in front of you." –Numb, Linkin Park

Audrey sat down at the table in the Weasleys' dining room. As everyone else began filling in the seats, she couldn't help but feel alone. Sitting between Nicole and Ron, she at least knew there were some friends here. As Mrs. Weasley began to set the table with loads of homemade food, Audrey realized how hungry she truly was.

Everyone started to fill their plates, and Audrey hesitantly did the same. The girl felt left out in the large, close-knit family. All of them were having conversations amongst themselves; Audrey just sat there eating her food quietly, wishing Draco was there with her. Admittedly, she was a tad depressed, but she was trying her hardest not to let it show. At least, until her thoughts were interrupted by a balding man she presumed was Mr. Weasley.

"So... um... Audrey is it?" he asked, unsure if he was addressing the girl by her proper name.

Audrey nodded, just as unsure of where this conversation was heading. "Yes sir."

"Why haven't I met you before?" he inquired.

Audrey wasn't sure what answer to give him. Was it because she was a Slytherin? Or was it because she was with Draco Malfoy? Or even better yet that until today nearly everyone at the table she swore hated her? "Honestly sir, it's probably because I only recently became friends with Nicole," she eventually answered, hoping her hair was covering her tie's colors, though her efforts were futile.

"Well honestly when a Slytherin showed up on my doorstep I was a little miffed," Mrs. Weasley added. Audrey mentally groaned; her cover had been blown.

Mr. Weasley immediately gave her a shocked look. "A Slytherin?" When Audrey barely nodded, he continued. "Impossible. There's no way that you could be."

"But I am," Audrey said quietly. "Just because my first name means 'noble,' I have the brains of a Ravenclaw, and the loyalty of a Hufflepuff, it doesn't cast me away from Slytherin. I have a very... complex personality I've gathered."

Mr. Weasley stared at the girl with a complex expression for a moment. "Well for Merlin's sake, why would they have sorted you into Slytherin?"

"Slytherin values ambition, leadership, cunning, and ingenuity," Audrey answered. "I've been told on more than one occasion that we are 'determined to get our way.' And if there's anything that I am, it's definitely determined." The girl thought silently about her impending marriage with Draco, and how she wasn't going to let her parents say otherwise.

"Don't let her forget 'evil' as one of those values," Harry interjected.

Mrs. Weasley quickly shot him a dirty look. "Now Harry, we mustn't talk like that about our guest."

"Guest? Seriously? She is far from it," the boy continued. "I'm not going to stand for this." On that note, he snatched up his plate and left the room. When Audrey heard the door slam shut, she was sure he was outside and instantly glad for it.