Chaper 17: I Do

Sorry this chapter took so long. I was... sort of uninspired for a while there, so I wasn't sure how I wanted to write this and what not. But alas, I now present to you the long-awaited wedding. =)

***********************************************************************************************************

"But I'm afraid when I hear stories about husband and wife- there's no happy endings, no Henry Lee, but you are the greatest thing about me." -If It's Love, Train

Audrey stood in the guest bedroom in Artemis' manor, staring at her reflection in the full length mirror. Today was the day. She was finally going to be married. She had so many emotions running through her body right then; she was nervous, excited, and probably one eighty other things. Everything was in order. There were only minutes to go. The guests had arrived, not that there were very many. Audrey and Draco had only invited a handful of people- both sets of parents, the Weasleys, a few friends, Artemis' family, and that was about it. It was how they wanted it. Audrey was still sure her parents weren't going to show up and that was okay with her.

The girl adjusted her dress, making sure it fell perfectly, not that it would've been anything but. After trying on as many dresses as she did, she knew this dress was it. It was absolutely perfect. Audrey found her thoughts interrupted when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Nicole, wearing the green bridesmaid dress.

"You still haven't put your veil on," Nicole reprimanded, picking the thin white material attached to the tiara, sitting her friend down in a nearby chair. She placed the tiara delicately on Audrey's head, allowing it to fit in between her loosely curled hair. "There. Is there anything else you forgot? You got your something new, old, borrowed, blue, and the galleon in your shoe?"

Audrey ran a check over the list. The earrings she was wearing were new. The necklace she wore was her grandmother's, and had been given to her many years ago before she passed. She borrowed her shoes from Nicole since they wore the same size and they were perfect with the dress. The garter around the top of her leg had a blue ribbon on it. The galleon had been sewn into her dress, so while not in her shoe, it was still on her person. "Yes," she announced. "I think I have everything."

Nicole smiled probably the single largest smile Audrey had ever seen. "You're so beautiful right now I could cry," she said.

"Don't cry; you'll ruin your makeup," Audrey cautioned. "You can cry after pictures are taken."

"Says you," Nicole replied. "You're going to be blubbering before you even get to Draco."

Audrey tried not to think about what was going to happen once she was walking down the aisle. She knew she was going to cry, but she was going to do her best to contain it. She took a deep breath, stopping the tears from flowing already. "Where's Krystie?" she asked.

A grim look appeared on Nicole's face. "Err... that's what I came to tell you about. She's... kind of sick. It's not pretty... let me tell you."

Audrey sighed, a little irritated that this was happening now of all times. "Well, if she's feeling under the weather, tell her to get some rest, and have Ginny stand in for her," she instructed. "We only have twenty minutes so make this costume change quick."

Nicole wasted no time and took off to go make the wardrobe change that was so desperately needed. The girl sat in silence for what seemed like forever before Molly entered the room, tears already streaming from her eyes. Before Audrey could say anything, the woman pulled her into a tight embrace, practically smothering her.

"Are you ready, sweetie?" she asked, pulling away from Audrey.

"I... I think so," Audrey said quietly, noticing Arthur enter the room as well. "What time is it?"