Chapter 14: A Mother's Intuition

So this was super fun for me to write. Just throwing it out there. =) Wedding is coming here I think in 2 chapters! =D Be ready!! =D

***************************************************************************************

"Tell me baby... will you be here when I wake up, even with no makeup?" –Naked, DEV ft. Enrique Iglesias

            A steady knocking on the door was what woke Audrey the next morning. It was all too obvious she didn't want to get out of bed as she pulled the sheets over her head in an attempt to shield her ears from the noise coming from the door. It had been a long night, and all she wanted to do was sleep. However, she deemed her efforts were futile when she heard the door open and someone enter the room.

            "Good morning!" she heard Artemis' voice echo through the room. She had hardly met the boy, but for one reason or another, the greeting did not seem to fit with the formal and very uptight individual she met the night previously. "I just thought I would tell you that Butler has made breakfast; waffles, so I do hope you're hungry."

            Audrey feigned sleeping, and was surprised to hear Draco answering rather loudly, "Go away Artemis."

            The Irish boy was taken aback for a moment by his cousin's brashness. "Well... I just thought I'd tell you before everyone else ate the entire meal."

            "Thanks, now go away," Draco once again responded. Audrey could tell he was just as tired as she was, although he was far grumpier than she was this morning. Though she was entirely unsure why...

            When she heard the door shut, she figured Artemis took the hint and had left them alone. The girl felt Draco pull her tight to his bare chest, and instantly she felt at ease. Audrey released a deep breath she hadn't realized she had been holding when she recounted the events of the previous night and the sheer bliss that was still overwhelming her. Part of her couldn't believe it had happened, but then the feeling in her stomach reminded her that there was no way she was imagining it.

            The girl closed her eyes, a huge smile still plastered to her face. Audrey was finally starting to doze back off when she heard Draco whisper gently into her ear, "Good morning, beautiful."

            Her eyes fluttered back open to see Draco's grey eyes staring back at her. She smiled upon seeing it. Draco's face was admittedly her favorite thing to wake up to. "Morning," she greeted quietly as she rested her head back on his chest.

            "How are you feeling?" he asked her almost immediately.

            At first, Audrey was entirely baffled as to how to answer his inquiry. There were only a billion ways she could answer it. She had never had so many emotions, feelings, aches running through her body at the same time. After thinking for a few moments, Audrey finally answered, "Completely perfect."

            She looked up at him just in time to see a smile form on her fiancé's face. "I'm glad to hear that. You're not in pain are you?" he went on.

            "None that wasn't totally worth it," Audrey breathed. "I've had far worse pain. Remember, I'm the girl who for all intents and purposes played Quidditch with a broken ankle and fractured wrist. This isn't anything I can't handle sweetie. Though I appreciate your concern." She sat up just far enough to plant a quick kiss on his cheek before pulling herself all the way up.

            Draco chuckled lightly. "I suppose you're right. I had almost forgotten about that incident." He too sat up, stretching lightly. And that was when Audrey caught a glimpse of his left forearm for the first time in several visits. The last time she had seen it, the Dark Mark stared back at her menacingly, and now all she saw was clear, though slightly shiny, skin, as if he had been severely burned over the region.