Chapter 30: Chasing Her Dreams

Hey everyone! Final chapter right here! :D It took me long enough, but I think most of it came from wanting to have the cover made for book 3 before I posted this. At any rate, here it is, and I hope you enjoy it! :D Author's note to follow this! :D

******************************************************************************

"So when you feel like hope is gone, look inside you and be strong. And you'll finally see the truth- that a hero lies in you." –Hero, Mariah Carey

Audrey found herself standing in her dormitory for the last time, packing away her few belongings so she could leave Hogwarts. Admittedly, the girl was not exactly thrilled about leaving school now. Between her pregnancy and the new threat the Death Eaters posed to her family, she was more than nervous about leaving the somewhat safe walls of the school. The world was changing for the worse once again, and Audrey was not ready for what hell it was going to bring her.

As she stowed her robes into her trunk, the girl scanned the room, trying to figure out if there was anything else she still had to put away. What little belongings she brought back with her were piled onto her bed in no particular order. Honestly, Audrey had no clue how she had managed to fit all of it in her trunk in the first place. She was nearly certain she was going to be fighting with her belongings for a while, shifting them over and over again until they fit inside the trunk perfectly.

After a few minutes, the girl found herself forcing her trunk shut. She was relieved when she heard a click, signaling that it was closed. As Audrey took a seat on her bed, taking a breather, she realized she sat on something. Puzzled, she moved slightly, reaching under her leg to fish out whatever it was she forgot to pack. After a moment, Audrey pulled the object out, and soon realized it was a Muggle book she had been reading. It was a science fiction novel; Audrey had no idea why she had been so compelled to read Ender's Game in the first place.

Audrey flipped through the pages once again, reminiscing in the adventure she had only finished reading the day before. It had been a while since the girl had read any Muggle books, and yet for some reason the first one she was drawn to in the huge collection back at Artemis' manor was this one. Yesterday, the book had meant nothing more to her than an escape from her studies; today, there was so much more behind it.

Much like the main character, Audrey was now face to face with a task that seemed insurmountable, and that would most likely kill her. Throughout the whole book, Ender had been plagued with obstacles trying to prepare him for the real task of destroying the alien race that threatened Earth. While Audrey was not fighting aliens, the girl was certainly dealing with a lot of issues all at once. In the end, Ender came out on top, and Audrey was only hoping she was as blessed with luck as he was.

Audrey sighed, standing back up, book still clutched tightly in her hand. The girl grabbed her trunk's handle in her free hand before making one last look around the room she had called home for seven years. She made her way out of the girls' dormitories, and back into the Slytherin common room, where she found Draco sitting in one of the leather armchairs. She made her way towards him, but only made it halfway before he got up and took the trunk from her.

"You really shouldn't be doing any heavy lifting," he stated, "or pulling."

Audrey rolled her eyes, switching which hand was carrying her book. "I'm fine, Draco. You don't have to do everything for me."

"I know I don't, but that doesn't mean I won't," Draco retorted. He stepped away from her for a moment, tossing her trunk on top of his. When he looked back at her, he noticed the book. "Been doing some reading I see."

Audrey nodded. "Have to do something to remain calm around here."

Draco frowned slightly. It was all too obvious he was concerned about her mental state, and as of recent he had every right to be. Audrey was admittedly not in her clearest state of mind, with all the Pansy and Death Eater drama, coupled along with the pregnancy and final exams. "Well I suppose the good news is that we'll be heading home here in a few minutes," he finally replied.

"But how safe is home?" Audrey asked, bringing her book up to her chest, clutching it tightly in both hands. "I mean... with the Death Eaters back, I'm sure we're targets..."

Draco took a deep breath, pulling her into his arms. "I'm not sure, but I know I'm not going down without a fight. We won't let them win. You're going to have the best protection the wizarding world can give you, love. You have nothing to fear."

"Are you sure?" Audrey asked, burying her face in her husband's chest.

Draco shrugged. "Well even if they do rear their ugly heads, they aren't going to stop me from doing what I want."

Audrey pulled away from him for a moment, curious as to what he meant. The girl raised an eyebrow, wondering what he was talking about. "What do you mean?"

"I'm chasing dreams, that's what," Draco answered proudly. "Now that I have my family- you, the baby- I'm not going to let some stupid cultists ruin our future again. And what a better way to get back at them than going about our life like nothing is happening." Draco paused for a minute, debating his next words. "I have worked so hard to get this far, to get you, and I'll be damned if they're going to take my world away from me."

Audrey felt her eyes water slightly from Draco's answer. A small smile finally appeared on her face. "Then I suppose home would be much better," she said quietly.

"Well of course it would be," Draco said. "It's where we're safest, where we're surrounded by those we love. What is better than that?"

"Absolutely nothing," Audrey replied, a true smile finally on her face.

Draco smiled back at her. "Well now that I got you out of that depressive state, why don't we start heading towards the train? After all, we do have a lot to do once we get home, with the baby and all."

Audrey nodded. "Let's."

As Draco moved away from her, fetching the trunks, Audrey began to ponder what was in store for her little family. Once they made it home, what was going to happen? Were the rest of the family going to be pleased with the news of the pregnancy? Were they going to have to go into hiding because of the Death Eaters? There were so many questions about the future, Audrey was honestly afraid of what was going to happen to them.

Making their way through the castle, the thoughts were still coursing through her mind. She tried to shake them, since worrying about things she had no control over was pointless. Audrey had more important things to worry about than Death Eaters and people's opinions. And even then, she was nearly certain no matter what adversity they faced along the way, she and Draco were going to remain on top, and conquer whatever came their way.

Because regardless to all of that, Audrey was living the life she had only dreamed about, and she was not going to let some Death Eaters stop her from being happy any longer. Whatever war they wanted to start, Audrey was ready to face it head on. After all, with Draco by her side, and her friends covering her back, Audrey felt like she was invincible and free to chase whatever dreams her heart desired.