Chapter 4: Family Reunion

Hey guys! Once again, I have pounded out a chapter for your enjoyment! =) I kind of tied in on of my other stories with this chapter, so kudos to you if you figured it out. ;) Pic on the side is of Draco and his cousin, that way you can see the difference between them. Hope you enjoy! =)

******************************************************************************************************

"I'm sorry for the person I became; I'm sorry that it took so long for me to change. I'm ready to be sure I never become that way again." –Who I Am Hates Who I've Been, Relient K

Draco entered the foyer of his aunt and uncle's home, setting his trunk on the inside of the door. It had been a while since he had made the trip to Dublin to see his family, though he wished that this visit was for better reasons that trying to find his parents. Draco was almost certain that his parents would've gone here upon fleeing the final battle, though when he stepped inside and heard nothing, he was beginning to wonder if he had gone to the right place.

The boy walked slowly past the staircase, eyes scanning everything he walked past. Before he got too far down the hallway, he heard footsteps behind him. Draco stopped in his tracks, immediately grabbing his wand from his pocket. He wasn't sure who, or what, was behind him, and he was not about to fall into a trap willingly. Draco turned on his heels, pointing his wand directly into the face of a boy his age who couldn't have been standing but a foot behind him. The boy wasn't fazed; he stood there with a smirk upon his pale face, as if he had expected it.

"Some things never change, do they Draco?" he mused, his voice soft and clipped.

"You're lucky I didn't hex you, Artemis," Draco spat, lowering his wand and stowing it in his pocket.

The boy, Artemis, shook his finger at Draco. Upon doing so, a few blue sparks emerged from its tip. "Don't just assume you have the upper hand. I too have magical abilities, dearest cousin."

Draco scoffed. His cousin always had a comeback. Artemis was right; some things never changed. Although they rarely ever saw each other, Artemis was probably the closest thing Draco had to a real friend, excluding Audrey. He briefly recalled the days of their youth in which they got in all sorts of ridiculous trouble. "Anyhow, are my parents here?" he eventually asked.

Artemis pushed his raven hair from his sapphire blue eyes, both traits he had inherited from his father's side of the family as opposed to his mother's. Artemis' mother, Angeline, had the same steely gray eyes and blond hair as Draco and his father; it was no wonder that her traits got overruled by the more dominant genes. "Yes, actually. They arrived a few days ago," Artemis answered. "I was beginning to wonder if you had survived the battle or not when you didn't come back within the day."

Draco felt relieved to know that his parents had made it here safely. "Great. Where are they at?"

Artemis shrugged. "Probably in the library or in the living area. They've been staying in the guest bedroom. They've been talking about waiting for you to show up."

"Alright," Draco muttered in response. He was just drained from everything that happened that day. Between his fight with Audrey's parents and finally getting here, he was just ready for a long nap. "In a bit, I would like to talk to you about something, if you don't mind."

"Not at all," Artemis sighed, leaning against the wall. "I can tell something is on your mind. I'll be ready whenever you are."

Draco nodded, acknowledging his statement. "Be back in a bit." He walked away, back down the hallway and up the staircase. About halfway down the next hallway, Draco heard quiet talking coming from a room. Naturally he assumed to follow the voices, and he arrived at a giant archway at the end of the hall. He stepped inside the room and he peered around the towering bookshelves and almost immediately spotted his mother and father sitting on a nearby couch by the bay window. They both looked up at him, almost as if they were shocked to see him.