Chapter 3: A Chat With The Girls

Hey guys! Guess what? I have a whole lot of free time now, so I can write more! =) Don't know if I'll be able to post everyday, or just once or twice a week, but I definitely have more time to write it now. =)

Hopefully you'll enjoy this! =D

*********************************************************************************************************

"Penny for your thoughts, but a dollar for your insight, or a fortune for your disaster." –Don't You Know Who I Think I Am, Fall Out Boy

If there was one thing Audrey had really decided she hated doing it was knocking on a door looking for someone who may or may not be there. This was the second time in less than nine months she had knocked on a door, hoping the person she wanted to talk to was there. As she stood on the front porch of the Weasley home, she promised herself this was the last time she would ever do that.

Within a few moments, an older woman barely shorter than her with red hair opened the door. She looked at Audrey with a confused look before she spoke. "Can I help you?" she asked, looking Audrey over from head to toe. It was at that moment Audrey realized wearing her Slytherin uniform to a house that was full of Gryffindors was probably not the brightest idea she had ever had.

"Actually, yes," Audrey muttered quietly. "I was wondering if Nicole Gardner was here?"

The woman looked at her for a few moments, as if she was debating what to say to her question. "Yes she is."

"Excellent," Audrey sighed. "May I speak to her for a few moments?"

"Of course," the woman hesitated again. "Just wait here for a moment." She shut the door, leaving Audrey standing there a bit confused and a bit relieved at the same time. Within a few moments, Nicole opened the door with a shocked expression on her face.

"Audrey? What are you doing here? How did you even get here? But more importantly, how did you know I was here?" she asked a series of questions.

"Err... lucky guess," Audrey muttered. "Had my house elf bring me; I just really need someone to talk to right now."

"Well come on inside," Nicole insisted. "Ginny, Hermione, and I were just about to have our typical girl talk. I'm sure they won't mind you joining us."

Audrey gulped. She was afraid of that. She had no problems with Ginny or Hermione, despite a few Quidditch accidents and class competitions, but she was unsure if they would feel the same, especially considering the circumstances. Hesitantly, she followed Nicole into the wooden house, constantly observing her surroundings. Almost immediately she saw the boys all sitting in the living room, eating and cracking jokes like she expected. Upon noticing her and Nicole, they all looked up.

"Whoa. Who let her in here?" Harry questioned.

"Uh I did," Nicole answered. "Is there a problem?"

"Yea. She's a bloody Slytherin. And she surely didn't help us in the battle," Harry went on. "Why would we want her in here?"

Audrey went to defend herself, but before she got the chance, Nicole gave Harry 'the look' and reprimanded him for his behavior. "For your information, she and Draco did fight for us and killed Yaxley. So shut your mouth before I shut it for you."

"Bloody hell Harry! She told you a thing or two," Ron added, laughing.

The twins jumped up and stood behind Audrey, each placing a hand on her either one of her shoulders. "Besides Harry," George started. "She's not a real Slytherin."

"And she's the one who hooked me up with Krystie," Fred concluded. "So she's not all bad." So they are still together, Audrey thought. Wonder if he knows about Snape...