Chapter 2: Playing With Fire

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait! Promise I'll get back to writing more here soon! =D Hope you like it! Thanks to BeautifuL17KhaoS for the first cover, and RosiePaige for the second one! I'm going to use them both! =)

Song on the side there I think goes perfectly with it. =)

********************************************************************************************************

"Seems like there's always someone who disapproves. They'll judge it like they know about me and you. And the verdict comes with nothing else to do, the jury's out, and my choice is you." –Ours, Taylor Swift

As soon as Audrey was sure they were home, she moved away from her parents, simply appalled by their behavior at the train station. Without even looking at him, she snatched her trunk from her father's hands and stomped off to her room. The girl threw her trunk on the end of her bed, throwing it open in the process. Within moments, all of her belongings had been put up. Normally they would've sat in her trunk for weeks before she unpacked, but not today. Audrey had never been more pissed off in her entire life, and her trunk might need to be ready to go if she decided she couldn't handle this place any longer. The girl sat on the edge of her bed, holding a picture she had found wedged in between the pages of one of her books. She stared intensely down at it; just looking at it brought tears to her eyes.

Staring back up at her were both herself and Draco. It was a relatively old photo; it was soon after they had gotten together. In traditional wizard fashion, the picture was constantly in motion. They kept glancing at each other, both smiling. It killed her to look at it; there was no reason he still shouldn't be. Seeing Draco like she did earlier really struck a nerve with her. She had never seen him damn near in tears in her whole time knowing him. He was hurt, and that was all too obvious by how he had been acting.

Audrey's thoughts were interrupted when she noticed her mother standing in the doorway. The girl took a deep breath, setting the picture down on the bedside table. "Yea mom?"

"Are you okay?" Fianna asked.

Audrey laughed, annoyed. Did she really just ask her that? Oh her mother had no idea what she just started. "You really think I'm okay? After what just happened you think I'm okay?" Audrey questioned back, barely catching Ginger fly in through the open window out of the corner of her eye. "You two disgust me!"

Her mother honestly was confused by her daughter's statement. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't act like you don't know," Audrey felt the rage building. "All my life you taught me to be forgiving, to treat everyone the way I would like to be treated, to kill them with kindness. Yet you two go and treat Draco like absolute crap, when the boy has never done anything to you to deserve it!"

By this time her father had joined her mother in the doorway; obviously he overheard Audrey's screaming in the living room. "What hasn't he done? He sided with the Dark Lord. You fail to recognize that Death Eaters, whether Voldemort is dead or not, are terrible people. They never change; those who claimed they were done when he disappeared claimed loyalty when he rose to power again. Surely this Malfoy boy will do the same."

Audrey swore she felt her eye twitch. She could feel her blood pressure rising. "You don't know him! You don't know what kind of hell he was put through! Draco didn't choose the life he lived; his parents did. So if you want to be mad at someone, be mad at them!"

"The boy has a mind of his own; perhaps he should use it!" Lorcan shouted. "You can't possibly tell me he didn't know what he was doing."

"That's not the point. He's changed! I've watched him struggle for the past eight months at least trying to cope with the lifestyle his family stuck him in," Audrey yelled back. "Draco is not the monster you make him out to be! And I'm going to prove that to you!"