Chapter 12: "Heaven's No!"

Hey fans. I'm sorry this took so long for me to upload but due to my terrible vacation and no internet... but anyhow here it is! =D

******************************************************************************************************

"You and me... a little different though we've tried to stay the same." – Waiting Game, Yellowcard

Sitting on the Weasley's couch, Audrey was glad the storms had finally ceased. It had started raining shortly after dinner, and she was glad she would be able to sleep undisturbed by the pitter-patter of rain against the roof and windows. She was ready to go to bed after the eventful day she had had, but she knew that it was far from over. Her friend was sitting across from her on the other couch. Audrey was sure that Krystie still wanted to know what circumstances had brought her here, the determined look on her friend's face said it all.

"You never did answer my question," Krystie finally stated. "Why are you here?"

Audrey debated it over in her head for a moment before she answered. "I got into it with my parents, and I figured the only person who would listen to me without being biased was Nicole. So I had my house elf bring me here. I've been here ever since, and will probably be here for a while considering the argument you so narrowly missed."

"What have you guys been arguing about?" she asked.

Audrey rolled her eyes, even the thought of the argument causing her blood to boil. Even more so considering that she had for all intents and purposes had the same argument with Krystie within recent times. "What do you think? They're pissed because I'm not listening to them and marrying Draco." And then she instinctively covered her mouth, forgetting she hadn't told Krystie about the proposal at all. It had slipped her mind seeing as this was the first time they had spoken since then.

"Um... did I miss a memo? Marrying?" Krystie raised an eyebrow, though it was all too obvious that she was upset. Audrey could understand why she was; she knew she'd be livid if one of her best friends had gotten proposed to and she didn't find out about it right away.

"Sorry... I meant to tell you sooner, but everything as of recent has been in complete chaos so I haven't been able to tell much of anyone really," Audrey hoped to cover up her neglect. "He asked me the last day of school... Draco took me to the Quidditch field where we met in second year." She extended her hand so Krystie could look at the ring.

Audrey watched her friend's eyes widen for a few moments before she spoke. "Well... that was cute," Krystie said quietly. Audrey could tell her friend wasn't really enthused about the whole thing, but it wasn't something she hadn't already counted on. Audrey knew Krystie hated Draco; she always had, and probably always would. "So when is the wedding?"

Audrey shrugged. "We haven't been able to talk about it much... it was something I was hoping to get straightened out here soon. I don't want it to be a huge, extravagant event... I want it to be more intimate, you know what I mean? Just close friends and family."

Her blonde friend nodded. "So your parents are mad that you're marrying him?"

"Oh yea. I'll be surprised if they even show up to the wedding, if that tells you anything," Audrey sighed, pulling her legs up onto the couch in an attempt to get comfortable. "I think Molly and Arthur are going to end up as my 'family' for that particular day."

Krystie nodded again, though she seemed to be thinking something over in her head. "But don't the Weasleys and Malfoys hate each other?"

Audrey hadn't thought about that. Admittedly it hadn't even crossed her mind. That could pose to be a problem. The last thing she wanted was for them to start fighting at her wedding. She loved Draco's parents dearly, and she was certainly grateful for the Weasleys, so she was definitely not going to choose sides in that battle. "Yuck... I'll have to talk with them both and make sure that won't happen," she eventually said. Neither of them said anything for a few moments before Audrey decided to speak again. There was something she had been wondering for a while now. "So does Fred know about what happened or no?"

Krystie hesitated for a moment. "About what?"

Audrey gave her friend an expectant look. "Snape." This was a topic she really didn't want to talk about, but it was something that had been piquing her mind for a while now. Fred had been acting like nothing had happened between them, but Audrey knew better, though she knew very little about what had transpired.

"Oh... that," Krystie seemed disappointed about the topic. "What about him?"

Audrey sighed angrily, getting sick of her friend beating around the bush. Krystie never had been good at getting to the point. "What was the deal with you two? Were you guys like... together or what?"

"Well no... we weren't really together, just..."

"Tell me you didn't do what I think you did," Audrey interrupted, resting her head in her hands. If Krystie had done what the situation had implied, she was going to have to make a run to the nearest room and get sick.

"Heaven's no!" Krystie exclaimed. Audrey breathed a sigh of relief. She thought she was going to have to beat her friend for a moment, not to mention get sick. But before she could say anything, Krystie spoke again, "Well what about you and Draco?"

"No," she answered, though she was hesitant to. She adjusted her hair over her neck, hoping her friend didn't notice the remnants of the mark Draco had left on it. "We've never thought about it."

Krystie gave her friend a look, as if she didn't know whether or not to believe her. "You just snog a lot, right?"

Audrey didn't answer her friend for a moment. "I suppose so." She was eager to get the conversation off of her and Draco, seeing as Krystie was beginning to dig further and further into their business. As of recent, she wasn't even sure if Krystie supported her relationship, so she honestly found it a tad odd she was that curious about it. "You never did answer my question. Does Fred know?"

A small frown appeared over Krystie's face. "Yea. He found out about it after the battle. He's still a bit mad about it, but I think we're going to be able to work past that."

"Well I certainly hope so," Audrey muttered, though she was a tad surprised at that. Fred never seemed like the type to be so forgiving about that kind of thing. "So... err... anything else new?" she eventually asked, trying to forget about that awkward topic.

Krystie shook her head. "Not really. I just came here to see Fred. I wasn't planning on finding you here too, but hey. It was a pleasant surprise."

Audrey sat there silently, lost in her own thoughts. One thing she knew for sure was that it was getting rather crowded at the Burrow. Between the four Weasley children still at home, Harry, Hermione, Nicole, Krystie, and herself, there was hardly any room to sleep, let alone any privacy. Audrey planned on asking Draco in her next letter if she could stay with him for a while. It would give them plenty of time to discuss wedding plans, and just spend time together. No offense to the Weasleys, their couch was not the comfiest thing Audrey had slept on, and she was ready to sleep in a bed. She fluffed her pillow before lying down, trying her best to get comfortable as she closed her eyes.

As she started to fall asleep, she heard Krystie say quietly, "I'm sorry about what I've said about Draco. I know he means a lot to you. And I can't make you change your mind just because I don't like him. If you're happy, so am I."

Audrey opened her eyes slightly for a moment, a small smile on her face. "Thanks... it means a lot to me." She closed her eyes again as she heard Krystie mutter back a 'you're welcome.'

It wasn't much, but it was definitely nice to know that Krystie was going to support her finally. It was sure going to make choosing her bridesmaids a heck of a lot easier. Neither one of the friends spoke another word that night, and they soon both fell into a deep sleep.