Chapter 16: Saved by Shoes

Hey guys! Sorry this took so long for me to write. I kind of got sidetracked with well... a lot of things. =/ It's a long story really, and well... most of it I've already vented about it to Marisa. So thank her for me getting this done. Without her, it would still be sitting unfinished on my laptop. >.< So without further to do, here is the bachelorette party! Wedding is next chapter! =D

***********************************************************************************************

"Cause it's my night; no stress, no fights, I'm leaving it all behind. No tears, no time to cry, just making the most of life." –It's Like That, Mariah Carey

            It was an odd feeling knowing that your significant other was partying and there wasn't anything you could do about it. Draco sat in his room at his cousin's manor, finding himself wondering what kind of mischief Audrey and her friends were getting into at her bachelorette party. Admittedly, he was unsure if he even wanted to know what was going on. Draco knew he had nothing to worry about, but he couldn't help but worry anyways.

            The blond boy sighed, falling backwards onto his bed. He closed his eyes for a moment as he let his mind wander. It was hard to believe that in less than a week, he was going to be married. Draco was honestly becoming anxious; as days passed, he just wanted it to hurry up and get here finally. Everything was set, the rehearsals were over, and now it was just about time for the real thing. The boy was ready to begin his life with Audrey already.

            His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Draco was honestly baffled as to who could be at his door at this time of night. "Come in?" he answered.

            When he saw Artemis enter his room, he realized the only nutcase who would be up at this time of night was his cousin. "I didn't wake you did I?" the Irish boy asked, quietly.

            "Certainly not," Draco scoffed. "What do you need?"

            Artemis shrugged, taking a seat at the desk. He turned to face his cousin. "Admittedly I have no idea. I think it's mostly because I can't sleep. I was unsure you were even awake."

            "Meh, I'm only up because Audrey's at her bachelorette party," Draco admitted.

            Artemis' eyes widened for a moment. "Oh, that was tonight wasn't it?" Draco barely nodded, so he continued. "You have nothing to worry about though. So why can't you sleep?"

            "Just anxious I guess. We only have a few days left, Artemis," Draco answered. "I mean... we're so close I can taste it." He released a breath he hadn't realized he had been holding in.

            Artemis cleared his throat. "By the way, I've been meaning to bring this up for a while now, but I wanted to apologize for when I barged in that one morning. I understand why you wanted to be left alone."

            That remark caused Draco to sit back up and give Artemis a curious glance. "Do you now? Do you really understand why?"

            Artemis nodded. "I understand what transpired. I'm not stupid, Draco. I just... I suppose wasn't putting two and two together at the time." He chuckled slightly. "I suppose I had gotten too used to everything being like old times. I'm definitely not used to a girl being in the house other than my mother."

            Draco smiled. He had been worried about his cousin's judgment for a moment. "Glad to hear it Artemis. And I apologize for snapping on you. I was just really wanting to sleep."

            Artemis chuckled once again. "I can understand that. I'm sure you two had a very enticing evening."

            Draco shook the lingering thoughts about that night from his mind. He had thoroughly enjoyed what happened. But then again, why shouldn't have he? "Enticing doesn't begin to cover it," he eventually muttered.