Chapter 7: Ron- The Best Friend Ever

Hey guys! This idea was crazy, but I went with it anyways. =P Hope you like it!

********************************************************************************************************

"Falling stars don't crash through your window. If you want it, go get it; it's meant to be chased." –Forever Unstoppable, Hot Chelle Rae

A warm breeze rushed passed Audrey as she sat quietly on the porch outside of Ron's room. It was a new day at the Burrow, and just as the day before, the girl honestly had no idea what to expect. In her hand, she held the folded up letter she had gotten in response from Draco. She had read it several times already, but yet she was still positively sure that this night was going to go terribly. She slowly unfolded the note once again, just to make sure she had in fact read it correctly...

'Audrey,

I suppose I will come to dinner. I'm not sure it will go well, but I suppose at this point, what do I honestly have to lose? I apologize in advance if I blow up on someone; I'm sure Potter is there so I can't guarantee I can hold my tongue.

I have found my parents safely. They are in Dublin with my aunt and uncle. I think we'll be staying here for a while, but I'm not exactly sure. We're pretty positive that the Ministry will begin hunting the remainder of the Death Eaters down, so I think the plan is to lay low for a while. During that time, I'm going to try to divide my time as evenly as possible between them and you.

But I digress. I'd continue writing, but Artemis insists dinner is done, so I should probably go eat before my food gets cold. I'll see you tomorrow.

Love and miss you,

Draco'

Audrey sighed and folded the note back up, stowing it in her pocket. So he was coming, she thought. She wasn't sure when, or how, but she knew Draco was coming. Audrey was honestly not looking forward to the night's activities. She was incredibly nervous about bringing Draco around the Weasleys. The families had never been friendly towards each other; seeing them in the same building usually meant a battle.

The girl stared out over the land, lost in her own thoughts. She really thought that this night was going to go dreadfully. Between both Draco and Harry's fiery tempers, Audrey was sure a brawl was going to break out over the dinner. She sincerely hoped that was not the case. Right now, Audrey wanted nothing more than this dinner to go well. If the Weasleys could approve of Draco, then she really saw no reason her parents couldn't.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she saw a flash of red out of the corner of her eye. Audrey turned to see Ron standing next to her, leaning against the railing. "What are you doing out here by yourself?" he asked. "Shouldn't you be inside with the girls?"

Audrey shook her head. "Eh... just got a lot on my mind right now. Thought some fresh air would do me some good. Hope you don't mind me standing here."

"Oh no, you're fine. And I can imagine so," Ron muttered. "What did Mal- err... I mean Draco say about dinner?"

Audrey smiled slightly when Ron corrected himself. "He said he'd come, but it's exactly that I'm worried about."

"You think someone will try to start something?" Ron inquired.

She nodded in response. "I'm afraid some of you might be extremely judgmental of him... and I'm sure there will be a fight over his past behavior. Quite frankly I'm just sure this whole dinner is going to be hellacious."