Chapter 11: Taking Sides

Hey guys! Got a whole bunch of writing done, and I've finally been able to post it. =) New chapters for EVERYTHING! =D

Hope you enjoy it!

*****************************************************************************************************

"Those pretty girls can play their game, but they're damn well going to know my name." –Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Miranda Lambert

Rain beat against the window pane. A storm was raging outside; lightning striking out, causing thunder to echo through the night. It was a tad unusual for England to have a storm such as this one, but for some, it was the perfect weather for scheming.

Leaning casually against the wall, watching the dramatic weather unfold before her, a girl pushed her short black hair out of her eyes. It was almost time to get it chopped again; she could hardly stand having her hair in her dark eyes. It was terribly annoying, and with the circumstances the way they were, the last thing she wanted to deal with was unruly hair.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a voice coming from behind her. "Pansy, shouldn't you be getting ready for bed? It's well after midnight."

Pansy glanced over her shoulder to spot her friend, Daphne Greengrass, standing in the doorway. "I'm not tired," she stated simply, moving away from the window.

"You sure? You're normally not awake right now," Daphne clarified. "Typically this is beauty sleep time for you."

Pansy nodded. "Positive." She took a seat on her bed just as a loud crash of thunder shook the building. "Besides... when you're plotting, who needs sleep?"

Daphne raised an eyebrow. "Plotting? What are you up to this time?"

"Just a little revenge is all," Pansy shrugged, nonchalantly.

Daphne took a seat on the edge of the bed. "Who could you possibly be plotting against? No one has done anything to you recently, have they?"

Pansy could already feel her blood boiling at the mere thought of the girl in question. The past few months she had been living in hell. She had never felt more betrayed in her life. The love of her life ripped away from her in the blink of an eye, and by a girl she had sworn was her friend. And rumor had it that they were to be married! Pansy was not going to have it.

There was nothing that Audrey had that she didn't. There wasn't anything special about her, not even in the slightest bit. Pansy couldn't see why Draco had chosen that girl over herself. The girl had been so struck in disbelief she couldn't bring herself to speak to either one of them for months after everything started occurring. Hell, she still hadn't spoken to Draco about it. Though she definitely planned on it.

There was nothing more painful than watching the person you love, love someone else. She couldn't believe Draco was over her. They had spent such a long time together, seeing as they had dated for most of their time at Hogwarts. Yet, this Audrey girl waltzed in and now she was going to be marrying him after only being together for eight months or so. Pansy couldn't decide which she wanted to do more: cry or destroy something. Right now, she was of two minds about everything. She didn't know what to think about it, what to do about it. She couldn't just stand by and watch the man she loved marry someone else.

"Hello! Earth to Pansy!" Daphne snapped her fingers in front of Pansy's face, shaking her friend from her thoughts. "Who are you plotting against?"

Pansy blinked a few times, gathering her thoughts, before answering her friend's question. "You know her."

Daphne gave her a puzzled look. "Is she in our house?"

Pansy nodded. "Yes she is."

"Well that narrows it down," Daphne stated. "There aren't too many girls in Slytherin. I assume she's in our year too?" Pansy nodded again, knowing that Daphne was growing ever closer to discovering who it was. "Now that really narrows it down," Daphne laughed for a moment before she got serious again. "But I thought you were cool with all of us?"

"All but one," Pansy stated.

Daphne thought about it for a moment. "Well... the only person I can think of is Audrey, and that's only because she's with Draco."

"Precisely," Pansy muttered, a tad peeved that she was that easy to figure out.

Daphne sighed angrily. "Pansy, you have to let it go. There's nothing you can do about it. Just let them be together. You have to stop living in the past! Obviously, Draco doesn't want to be with you, and well... Audrey is far too sweet for you to declare war against her."

"I'm not living in the past. I'm doing what I have to do in order to get my man back," Pansy retorted. "She doesn't deserve him."

"And what makes you think that you deserve him then?" Daphne questioned in response. "I mean seriously Pansy. You guys were terrible together! All you and Draco did was argue and snog. No offense, but you two really didn't have anything going for you. They are far more compatible than you two had ever been."

"Who's side are you on Daphne?" Pansy inquired, venom lingering in her voice. She was really annoyed that her own friend wasn't taking her side. "You're my friend, not hers!"

"I just fail to see why you want to break up two people who are so obviously in love," Daphne went on. "Honestly Pansy... that disgusts me. That girl did nothing to you. And especially not anything that would deem a vendetta against her necessary."

"Uh... do you not remember how she brutally attacked me in the library?" Pansy reminded her. "Do you not remember how she treated me before she left to go find Draco in the first place?"

"You mean how you provoked her and she defended herself?" Daphne corrected. "I know Audrey. She wouldn't have hit you without a good reason." She took a deep breath. "And as far as that conversation goes, from what I've gathered, you were being rather annoying that day."

Pansy stood, her hands balled into fists at her sides. She was about to erupt. "Why are you siding with her? Why are you so against me breaking them up?"

Daphne stood as well before yelling at her friend. "They're happy, Pansy! They love each other! Have you not noticed that? Seriously! Get over him! There are plenty of other men! Find one that isn't about to be married!"

On that note, Daphne left the room, leaving Pansy standing there alone once again. The black-haired girl sighed angrily, falling backwards onto the bed. Who was Daphne to tell her what to do? She didn't know how she felt, she didn't know what happened. She shook her head. Pansy had already sent the first warning letter a few days ago. Here soon she was going to send the next one. Audrey was going to learn real quick who she was dealing with.

If there was one thing Pansy knew, it was that she was determined to get Draco back. She didn't care what she had to do either. She would stop at nothing to get the man of her dreams back into her arms once more. All Pansy had to do was get Audrey out of the picture, something she was already in the process of doing. It was only going to be a matter of time before Audrey broke under the constant pressure. Pansy could hardly wait; once the "pretty" girl was out of the picture, Draco would be hers for the taking.

As the storm continued to rage out of control outside, Pansy decided she couldn't sit idly any longer. She jumped out of bed, and made her way over to her desk. She took a seat before digging out some parchment and a quill. After a few moments, she started writing the letter to her enemy. Once that task was complete, she could go on to the next phase of the plan.