Chapter 24: Back to Hogwarts

Hey everyone! Sorry this one took so long; my college classes started back up this week, and it's been hectic so far. Discovered I have possibly the most evil biology professor on the planet (if it tells you anything, I would rather sit in Umbridge's class than hers). On top of that, I had to do some research on this chapter to see if the Hogwarts Express had bathrooms. I know it seems silly, but it was crucial to this chapter (sort of), and when I couldn't find any official evidence, I just asked some fellow Potterheads, all of which agreed and said that it would be bad if the train didn't. >.< Anyhow! I hope you enjoy chapter 24! It introduces a secret that I wasn't planning on for a while still, but Marisa and I thought it would be hilarious to have it enter the story early. ;)

***********************************************************************

"You take a deep breath and you walk through the doors; it's the morning of your very first day." –Fifteen, Taylor Swift

Green landscapes rolled past in one solid blur in Audrey's vision. The girl found herself sitting back on the train to Hogwarts for the last time. Honestly, she wasn't sure about going back. There were so many reasons for why she didn't want to- the lack of friends and the Pansy situation being the main two.

With the battle a few months ago, she was pretty sure she had alienated herself from most of her friends, if not most of the school. Despite what she and Draco did, she was nearly sure she was going to find herself in a different crowd of people during this last bit of schooling. She would have Draco, obviously, Nicole, Krystie, Ron, and Ginny. Beyond that, Audrey didn't think there was anyone else she could call friend. She wished Artemis could've came to Hogwarts with them, but there was no way that would've worked. She was sure to be writing him letters for advice if she needed it during the month they were gone.

But perhaps even more troubling than that was the whole situation with Pansy. Audrey was still beyond livid at the whole situation. Pansy had sunk to an all time low, even for her. Audrey didn't know what she had done to deserve the hell Pansy had been putting her through. The brunette stared aimlessly out the window, watching the green landscape continuing to pass by as she pondered what to do about her nemesis. Pansy was surely on the train too, and Audrey knew soon enough she was going to come face to face with her. It was just a matter of when, and when it happened, Audrey was not sure she would be able to contain her anger.

It's only a month, she kept telling herself. You can last a month in this hellhole. You did almost seven years of it. One more month won't kill you. But then she had an afterthought. Or will it? Her thoughts began to reflect on the evening she returned from her honeymoon almost a month ago when an explosion nearly killed both her and Nicole. What if something like that were to happen while they were at Hogwarts? Pansy wouldn't dare a stunt like that with all the teachers there, would she?

Audrey shifted uncomfortably on the seat, accidentally kicking Draco in the process. She glanced back him for a moment, then muttered, "Sorry."

"You're fine," he replied. He didn't say anything else for a few moments. "Are you feeling alright? You seem... distant."

Audrey shrugged. "Just a lot on my mind, I guess. Trying to comprehend it all is making me nauseous." Somewhat of a lie, as it turned out. Audrey did feel nauseous, but she doubted it was from all the drama in her life. Honestly, she was beginning to think she was coming down with a cold, something that didn't happen to her very often. The girl had been trying to shake the feeling all morning, but had thus far been unsuccessful in that attempt.

Draco frowned, something Audrey really hated. "Nauseous? Are you really that worried about this one month we have left?"

Audrey debated how to answer her husband for a moment. "It's more or less what kind of reception we're going to get, and the whole Pansy thing."