Chapter 25: You Got Me

Hey everyone! Sorry this took so long. College is kicking my butt! Somehow caught a break to write this. It was... interesting to write, that's for sure. lol Hope you all enjoy. =)

**********************************************************************************

"I was there when you were worried, I was there when you were sick, I was there when you were positive this wasn't happening." –You Got Me, Taking Back Sunday

Audrey swore she hated Potions now more than she ever did with Snape. Now she had to deal with bumbling Professor Slughorn as opposed to the dark-natured Snape. She almost missed the guy, even though the two of them never really saw eye to eye about much of anything. No one can be worse than Slughorn, she thought, and then remembered, oh wait... except Umbridge. The girl shook it from her thoughts as she heard her name called in the attendance.

"Audrey McCarthy?" she heard Slughorn call out.

Audrey rolled her eyes, and raised her hand. "It's Malfoy now, Professor. For the fifth time." To be honest, Audrey was really growing tired of correcting her teachers. The only one who hadn't called her by her former name was McGonagall, which was shocking.

"Yes, I think you've mentioned that," the pudgy man stated before continuing down the list. "Draco Malfoy?"

Audrey shook her head as Draco raised his hand next to her. Only a few more weeks of this nonsense before she could get out of here for good. She was grateful to have Draco in Potions with her, although she was a bit miffed as to how he managed to get into Advanced Potions in the first place. She was aware that he wasn't stupid; she just didn't think he had it in him. She was honestly surprised when she walked into class in her sixth year to see him there as well.

Audrey went back to looking over her book, trying to figure out what Slughorn would have them brewing that day. After scanning over it, Audrey sighed, highly disappointed that it was a potion she had brewed many years ago while in Snape's class. It was moments like this that made her wish he hadn't died; at least with Snape this last month wouldn't be as dry.

As Slughorn began going on about the potion he wanted them to make, Audrey zoned out. She had enough on her mind; she certainly couldn't care less about a potion she made in third year. The girl still felt like she did when they were on the train a week ago. Her stomach was churning almost constantly, making even the most simple movement caused her nausea to increase. Honestly she was on the verge of seeing Madame Pomfrey about it; she couldn't take it anymore.

The girl absent-mindedly began work on her potion, rushing through it. For once, Audrey wasn't caring about how this potion turned out. She hastily chopped some of the ingredients, and went to go toss them into the cauldron when she felt a hand grasp her wrist, making her stop in her tracks. Audrey followed the hand all the way up to the person's face, seeing Draco looking down at her.

"Are you feeling okay?" he asked. "You're not acting like yourself." He glanced at the tray in his wife's hands. "You know that's not 'finely' chopped."

Audrey sighed, setting the wooden tray back on the desk in front of her. "I know..."

"But are you okay?" Draco insisted.

Audrey shrugged. She really had no clue what was wrong with her. Despite the random sick feeling she often received she felt fine. Nothing had really changed. She felt tired a lot, but she assumed it was due to her body trying to get used to school again. After all, she didn't have a regular schedule during the summer, and she slept in as long as she could manage. Now she had to get up and go to class as opposed to lying around all day in her pajamas.