Chapter 16

I watch as Jeremy enters his room from the bathroom and looks out the window. I lean against the frame and he turns around with wide eyes.

"Jeremy? Hey." I state and he comes running towards me. He pulls me into a tight hug and I laugh.

"Hey!" Jeremy says as he pulls away. I walk from the door and close it.

"Jeremy."i slowly as I move him to sit down on the bed. "do you have vervain on?"

"No." he replies and I sigh.

"I need to tell you something." I state and he frowns.

"Why did you have to ask if I was wearing vervain?" I shake my head and intertwine our fingers.

"Because what I am gonna tell you, you won't like." I look up into his eyes.

"Angel-"I cut him off.

"Please Jeremy. I need to tell you. and depending on how this goes.... I don't know but.... I know you like bonnie. but I won't tell, but I want you to hear this once. at least once. I love you jeremy. yes we haven't known each other long but it is true. and it's because I love you, I can't be heartless with you."

"Angel-" he begins but I cut him off.

"You understand me like none others have. you are different to me. and-" I get cut of by my remaking by him. but not by him talking. by him kissing me. Jeremy pulls away and rests his forehead on mine.

"So are you going to compel me to forget?" He asks with a cheeky smile.

"No." I reply as I kiss him again.

***

"What has happened?!" I snap at damon. he points to his lips then upstairs. I no and slowly follow him.

"I need your help."he hands me a stake and my eyes widen.

"Why?" I ask and he opens the door to his room, rose lays in the bed looking ill.

"Werewolf." I sigh and he nods. "fine." I slowly walk in and sit down next to rose.

"Damon?" She asks and I chuckle.

"No, angel." she chuckles and leans her head against my shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" Rose says and I shrug.

"I heard what happened. I'm sorry rose, you don't deserve this." I state and she sighs.

"I have lived long enough." she says and I shake my head. before thinking.

"I can make it better." She opens her eyes and looks into mine.

"How?"

"Close your eyes and make your mind go blank." I reply, she does as she says and i focus.

[Rose's dream]

I look at rose, her hair long, in a beautiful dress. there are horses in a field and she is in the sun. a smile spread across her face.

"This was my favorite place to come as a girl. How did you know?" She asks and I smile.

"Word gets around. You told Elena." I reply.

"Am I dreaming?" I nod at her and She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

"The sun is so warm. I miss this. I miss being human." She admits.

"Humanity is not all it's cracked up to be." I say as I sit down next to her on the hill.

"I had friends, I had a family, I mattered."

"You still do. like it or not, your my friend." I admit to the truth. she is my friend.

"No but you do. You built a life whether you want to admit it or not. I spent 500 years just existing." she looks at me.

"You didn't have a choice, you were running from niklaus. We both were. but I was it's better at hiding." I reply.

"There's always a choice." She looks at the forest. I can understand why this was her favourite place. it's beautiful.

"You know, you're ruining a perfect day with your strange philosophical babbling." I state an she pulls me into a side hug, her head on my shoulder. I hug her back.

"I'd like to enjoy the fresh air. Would you enjoy it with me?" She asks and I shrug.

"For a while." I reply. I hold her in my arms. And I hold her hand, like my sister did with me.

"Thank you."

"For what?" I look down at her confused.

"The pain's gone."

"I'm glad." And I really i am.

"Will I see them again? My family?" I think before answering.

"I think you'll see whoever you want to see."

"That would be nice. Maybe I'll see Trevor too. I'm not afraid anymore."

(In reality, I let go of Rose's hand and pull out a stake, aiming it at her heart. tears fall down my face."

Rose gets up with a playful smirk.

"I'll race you to the trees." She says and I laugh.

"Well, you'll lose." I challenge.

"I'm older and faster."

"Only when were human." I reply and she shrugs.

"I will still beat you."

"Oh, you think?" I et up after her. "Well, I'm controlling this dream. Maybe I'll cheat."

"On the count of three. One, two..."

(Before she reaches 3, I drive a stake through her heart and the dream ends. tears stream down my face as I peck her forehead.)

***

Me and Damon wait as the sherif walks upto us.

"Here's your vampire." He says as I open the trunk. the sherif looks surprised.

"How did you find her?" She asks an I can't take my eyes of rose.

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that it's over." I say and the sherif looks at me.

"Who are you?" She asks and before i answer, Damon does.

"She is my little sister, angel. she knows all about vampires, her best friend was killed by one in front of her very eyes." He replies and the sherif nods.

"Thank you Damon, angel. Once again, you've helped keep this town safe."

"I'll take care of burying the body." He says and I bite my lip before closing the trunk.