Chapter 14

Damon bolts down the stairs of the tomb. He rushes towards the cave and looks in, but sees no one.

"ANGEL! ANGEL!" He screams in hope she will here. But she never comes. he is about to enter the cave when Elena comes up from behind him, grabs him, and pins him against the wall with all her strength.

"Don't you dare." Elena hisses as she lets him go.

"Angel's in there, Elena! How could you let this happen?" He shouts at her and she flinches.

"What are you talking about? I was too busy saving your ass from klaus!" She shouts back.

Angel and Katherine are in the back of the cave, listening to Elena and Damon argue. The young Miklaeson paces around while Katherine twirls her hair between her fingers.

"You didn't even have to go after the moonstone in the first place!" Elena screams.

"It was the right call, Elena." Damon replies. "one she never had to be involved in! That's why JEREMY told ME to tell told rose to take her with you!" But in his mind, he knew that he didn't want any harm to come to angel, and that he isn't just here for jeremy. a secret love for angel, just like Elena is still in his heart.

"The right call? How was any of this the right call?!" She shouts back. "it got your love trapped!"

"I am going in there!" He shouts as he turns, but something stabs in his back, his body goes weak and he falls. "Vervain."

Elena strains Damon while keeping a calm face and restrains his movements. As the vervain takes a bigger effect, he begins to become tired and stops fighting.

"Please." he mutters as he stands.

"Are you done?" Elena asks. Damon breathes heavily and She releases him from her grip and backs up. He looks into the cave and starts to move towards it. Elena holds her hand up and blocks him.

"Don't." She snaps at him. Damon snarls at Elena and stomps out of the tomb in a rage. She watches him go then looks back into the cave. Angel walks over to the entrance.

"Of all the idiot plans, Angel." She says even if she hates her

"Yeah, but I had to save Jeremy." Angel replies as she leans against the wall.

"I'll find a way to get you out. For Damon's sake. he may not show it, but he loves you." Elena states and angel chuckles while shaking her head.

"Ah, it's all right. I'll handle myself. Bonnie has the moonstone. Work with her. Try to figure out how to de-spell it. If that is an actual possible way." the trapped Miklaeson tells elena.

"You martyr yourself in a tomb and I am stuck with an over emotional vampire and a Brocken brother. Wonderful." Angel chuckles at Elena's words.

"Keep Damon and Jeremy away from here." Angel begs elena.

"Yeah. 'Cause that'll be easy." Elena replies, thinking if damon. an old vampire.

"Promise me. No matter what happens. You'll protect him." Angel asks of her, meaning Jeremy most.

"Promise." She replies before leaving the tomb. Katherine emerges from the shadows and looks at angel.

"That right there was the biggest mistake you've ever made." She says but Angel silently walks past her into the recesses of the cave.

***
Angel's p.o.v

"You trapped Jeremy in the house?" I ask Elena and be nods.

"It's for the best. Trust me. it will just be until we get you out. And Damon is coping in his own ways. I brought you this." Elena explains before passing me a bag. "Care package: candles, lanterns and lunch." She shows me a bottle I blood and I chuckle.

"Give that to me and I'm just gonna have to share it with her." I point to the bitch behind me and Elena looks at her.

"Yeah..." She trials off.

"You two are surprisingly calm, considering Klaus will hunt you down and kill you if you mess with his little plan." Katherine states.

"I'm safe. I died before, I can get over it." I state and Elena looks at me.

"Once we deal with this moonstone, we'll figure a way to get you out." Elena promises and I sigh.

"Don't worry about me. Just make sure Damon and Jeremy's safe." I reply. I have to say, Elena is an alright person. She looks at Katherine before leaving, blood in hand.