Chapter 14

"I'm going to talk to Alaric, try and find out what happened to Anastasia." I say to klaus the moment he answers the phone. My eyes scan the streets. After alaric's news, I went straight back to Niklaus and spent the rest of the day with him, well, where else can I go?

"But what I don't get is how you have a doppelgänger." klaus replies and I sigh, swapping my phone to the other ear.

"I don't know. I guess spirits thought it would be some cruel joke. And if she is alive and somewhere, she won't be If I find her." I say and klaus chuckles.

"And why is that?" He asks.

"Because she's a doppelgänger and what happens if she has a freaky connection to Elijah? Or because she looks exactly like me and would be this innocent girl, he falls for her?" I say. I stop walking as I realise what I have just said.

"So you would kill her through jealousy, hey?" I can practically hear the smirk as I cross the road, getting closer to Elena's home.

"Ugh... this stupid soulmate bond klaus, it will be the death of me... But I have to go. And be nice to Damon, I may hate him but he means something to stefan, Caroline, Jeremy, Elena, bonnie and other people I care for. So that means something to me." I say and I hang up before I hear his reply. Shoving my phone into my pocket, I cross the road, finally on the road of the Gilbert house. Once I get there, my eyes widen.

"JEREMY!" I scream as a car comes speeding down the road and towards him. I rush down and throw the boy out the way, letting the car hit me instead. My body spins and smashes against the window before traveling over the roof and falling to the floor. Pain spreads through my body and I groan, coughing up blood.

"Angel." Jeremy crouches down next to me and I groan. The car reverses and pulls up next to us.

"There I go again. Bumping into people..." I recognise him as one of Klaus's hybrids. "oops... I hit the wrong person... oh well." I groan as he jumps out the car and runs to alaric.

"NO!" I scream, but it is muffled as I cough more blood. The hybrid grabs his collar and slams Alaric into the concrete, killing him instantly before driving off.

"ALARIC!" Elena screams and I slowly move so I am on all fours. Jeremy helps me to stand and I heal, but I'm weak.

"He's gonna be alright. Are you two all right?" Elena asks.

"Yeah." I state, still sore.

"I don't understand." Jeremy says.

"Who was that on the phone earlier?" Elena asks and I frown.

"It was Klaus!" He says and tears fill my eyes.. no... please...

"You were compelled, Jeremy! We've gotta get him inside- help me!!" Elena states and I pick up Alaric, ignoring the smell of blood,and carry him inside. I lie him on the sofa.

"Klaus is going to pay for this." I hiss, walking towards the door but a hand grabs my arm. I turn to see Jeremy.

"You've just been hit by a car, Angel. you will be no match for klaus." I sigh, knowing he is right. "sit down." I oblige and he sits next to me.

"You need to drink." my eyes widen as he offers his wrist to me. I shake my head as I look away. "angel, you need to." he looks at me, his wrist still out. A sigh escapes my lips as I feel my fangs grown. I bite into his wrist, drinking some of the blood before letting go and getting him to drink some of my own.

"There, I have drank blood. now let me go to Niklaus." I say.

"No, I have questions." Jeremy starts and I groan. "why are you here? Why save me?"