Chapter 10

We arrive at slater's flat and I gulp.

"Slater? Slater, open up its rose!" Rose shouts as she bangs on the door. "He's not home. sorry." Elena glares at her before looking at the doors.

"Mm-mmm. no. we did not come out here for nothing. I skipped two classes with jeremy." I walk up and open the door with my vampire strength. "after you." Elena glares at me and steps in. rose just rolls her eyes.

"Slater?" Rose asks as we walk in more. as she looks through a doorway, her face falls. "I don't think he's gonna be much help." me and Elena walk up to her and find slater's dead body on the floor. so this is what Elijah meant. Elena straightens her composure and walks over to slater's computers and grabs some paper.

"Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop found slater and killed him for his information." Elena states as she looks through them.

"Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us. the guy was like a vampire almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass." I state and rose glares at me. I ignore her and come up behind elena. She picks up a framed photo before rose walks over to the window and opens the curtains.

"What are you...?" Elena begins.

"Tempered glass. U.V rays can't penetrate." rose finishes and she just stares out the window at the city. "I used to just come here and watch the day." I walk upto the window and slowly pull my ring off. rose watches before turning to Elena who puts the photo down.

"I'm sorry about slater." I mutter. rose smiles before walking over.

"Any luck?" I hear typing before a beep.

"Um...its password protected. I can't get in." Elena replies. my eyes are still trained on the city. my fingers fiddling with the silver ring.

"No. this is fine.. let's just go." rose states before a rattling sound appears.
"Stay here." She walks off and place my ring on the desk.

"I was engaged to Elijah you know." I say. "my mother was going to force me to marry him when I was 18. that was my ring. but it was created to now be my engagement ring. I never loved him. I loved his brother. henrik. he was my age and we truly loved each other. everyone in the village knew."

"Why are you telling me this?" Elena asks confused.

"If I am to help you, you might as well know something about me. also, Jeremy has told me a bit about your past as we text. The reason I trust Jeremy is because he is the only one that has treated me like I am human in a long time. I'm sorry for your parents dying." she gives me a soft smile, rose comes back with a weeping girl and my eyes widen.

"Alice. I'm so sorry." I walk upto her and she hugs me tightly. "I will take her." rose nods before following Elena to get some tea.

"He's dead eva. Slater's dead." she cries into my jacket as I sit her down.

"Everything will be okay alice. you are strong remember?" She nods and stops crying. I wipe her tears away. Elena and rose comes back and Elena passes her a cup.

"Thank you." Alice mutters as I rub her back. Alice looks at Elena again and looks confused. "you look really familiar. did you know slater?"

"Not personally, no. I just knew that he kept detailed records of all of his vampire contacts an I was hoping that he could point me towards klaus." she replies. Elena sighs as rose walks away.

"Doubtful. klaus doesn't what to be pointed at." Alice says as she sips her tea.

"Do you know slater's computer password?" I asks and she glares at me.

"Are you seriously asking me that right now? I just saw my boyfriend with a stake through his heart." she snaps at me I roll my eyes and pull away.

"I understand that. I watched as my ex lover killed the last member of my family. Do you know his password?" I reply

"Who do you think you are Eva?" She asks me as she looks away and sips her tea. I sigh as my eyes dart to rose. an idea pops in my head and I know Elena has the same one.

"What I I could convince rose to turn you."Elena asks and rose glares at her. "Will you show us his files then?"