Chapter 47

"That doesn't make any fucking sense." I laughed.

"Bitch, you were supposed to be out of my house two hours ago. You overextended your welcome." Will replied as she pushed all of us to the exit of her home.

The girls and I were cracking up because she mixed up words in her sentence, and it was just too hilarious to let go of. It was the main joke for the past 20 minutes, and Will was getting fed up.

"We get it, I don't have perfect grammar. I'm a hood bitch." Will told us.

"We love you anyway, bitch." Rocky smiled.

All of us calmed down enough to say proper goodbyes and split up. Nicki was staying over at Rocky's so the two of them left together while Kaylen agreed to drop me off at my house before going to her own.

I sat in the passengers seat, Kaylen having the radio on low as we talked about school while she drove.

"I don't think she's giving a pop quiz on that shit." I insisted as I pulled down the visor, reapplying my chapstick, checking it in the mirror.

Kay glanced at me, her eyes turning back to the road. "How can you see? It's pitch black."

"I'm nocturnal." I joked with a smile. "Like a bat." I placed my chapstick in my bag, only for something to catch my eye in the mirror. I swiftly turned around to look out the back window. "Turn left," I commanded.

"Wha-"

"Just do it!" I snapped.

Kaylen turned on the upcoming left so quick that tires screeched. "What the fuck, Nae?!"

I ignored her as I watched the car behind us do the same thing. "It's Nico."

"Fuck."

Kaylen instantly stepped on the gas, speeding down the street, making me fly into my seat. I quickly adjusted myself in the proper position, watching from the side view mirror as he copied every move we made.

It was lucky that it was dark and no one was on the street, 'cause this was definitely illegal.

The chase went on longer than I anticipated, and I let out a breath seeing he wasn't letting up. "Pull over," I spoke.

"No! Nae, are you crazy?!"

"Kaylen, he's not letting us go. Pull over! I'll do all the talking."

"What if there's no talking?"

"Trust me. There's always talking with him."

Kaylen just followed my orders and pulled over, the car behind us stopping as well.

"You ready?" I asked, looking to her.

Kaylen just softly nodded. I patted her shoulder, trying to ease her nerves, before the two of us got out the car, Nico stepping out of the driver's seat of his.

"What's up?" He asked with a conniving smile. "We playing racing games now?"

"Not every day some creep decides to follow our car." I quipped back.

"Now, you know damn well me and Kaylen got some things to sort out."

"I didn't say anything." She insisted.

"I don't believe you," Nico replied. "Had a big enough mouth to tell this one." He nodded over to me.

"And that's it. I swear." Kaylen quickly spoke up in defense.

Nico just let out a short laugh. "You know the cops came looking for me and said they had reason to believe I had somethin' to do with somethin'?" He looked between the two of us, his smile dropping to an intimidating glare. "They shouldn't have reason to believe shit. So why don't the both of y'all hop in my backseat so we could have a discussion."

"I know that trick. Try a new one." I responded, shoving my hands in my coat pocket.

And in a flash a gun was pointed in my direction. "Get in the fucking car. Y'all already know what time it is." He motioned it between Kay and I, and I felt my whole body go numb, my feet starting to move forward when Kaylen's did.

We slide inside the car, sitting side by side in silence. The only communication between us being our hands, that clung tightly onto one another's.

I knew I shouldn't have been surprised when the car started moving, but I was.

And my heart dropped.

It was like deja vu, and I already felt myself getting nauseous.