Chapter 37

What I loved about Club 90 was the fact that it was 18 and up, but if you made nice with the bouncer and told him you were turning 18 in two months, he'd let you slide in. That was less thing to worry about on the list of preparations for my night with Jackson.

All I really worried about was looking like I was on Jackson's level. He was a college man, while I was still in high school, I had to look and feel the part. So I pulled out a skin tight black dress, heels, and some hoops, wanting to impress him.

As much as I wanted to downplay the situation as much as possible, I knew what this was.

Me moving on.

Those words being what the girls and I cheered to after snagging a booth and some drinks. We decided to get to the club a little earlier to hang out and get the vibe of the night to lessen some of the nervousness I was feeling.

"May Nae get her grind on for the rest of the night." Nicki added, making me almost choke on my sip while everyone else just laughed.

"I'm not a hoe." I spoke, giving her a look.

"I mean for him you can at least try."

I flipped her off as she smiled.

"And we'll be right here watching." Kay said.

I just ignored her as I sipped on my drink, trying to keep my thoughts as positive as possible.

"There he is." I smiled. Jackson walked through the doors and toward our table, only for my smile to falter seeing who came in behind him. "Quincy?"

"And Bianca." Nicki spoke with disgust from next to me just as I got the view of her all tucked under his arm.

I almost missed Jackson approaching us.

"Hi." I beamed getting up hugging him softly.

"Hey, Janae. You look beautiful." He was quick to compliment as his arms wrapped around me. "Ladies." He greeted the girls with a smile.

"Hey." They politely replied.

"Wanna come get a drink with me?" I suggested as I smoothed out my dress.

"Yeah." He smiled, grabbing my hand, the two of us ordering sodas and sitting on stools, just talking casually.

"Nae?" I heard someone say, making me turn, seeing Quincy and Bianca.

"Hey." I forced a smile. "I didn't know you were about to be here tonight."

"Neither did I."

There was an awkward tension that hung in the air. Quincy's and I's eyes lingered on each other, almost questioning what the other was doing. Bianca was a surprising choice, though I should've seen it coming. Bianca was finally in the position she wanted to be in from jump, and I couldn't be mad at her hustle.

But it did make me feel some type of way.

Quincy looked between Jackson and I, with a mixed expression I couldn't decipher. I could just tell he was taken aback by our closeness and the smiles on our faces. And I felt proud, I was better without him, and rather than saying that myself, it could be seen.

Jackson was an upgrade. What Bianca was... it could be debated.

"Oh, I love this song. I finally get a chance to show you my moves." Jackson spoke, tearing my attention to him.

"I can't miss this. Nice seeing y'all." I smiled as I got out of my seat, Jackson leading me to the dance floor.

My arms wrapped around his neck while his hands went to my hips. We had just gotten into a groove when I noticed Quincy and Bianca on the floor, only a couple steps away.