Chapter 18

When junior year started, I had a better grip on my priorities. I wanted to do my best to focus on school seeing all the hype that surrounded your junior year when it came to applying to colleges. I wasn't a bad student, but I was always one to push myself to be better than I was before. I desired to graduate and get a well-paying job, be one of the success stories.

I was able to spend my summer getting things in order. My relationship with Q was stable and strong, so I was able to put a little less focus into it all. Of course, I'd never hesitate to say I was obsessed with my man. But you wouldn't catch junior Janae indulging in sophomore Janae tendencies. Daydreaming included.

"You know they did this on purpose right," Will said as I walked towards the lunchroom with her.

"What?"

"Gave us no classes together. We're all split up every which way when we picked majority of the same classes."

"We still have lunch." I reminded her as I walked through the double doors.

"Fuck lunch."

"Watch your mouth." In a flash, Will was smacked in the back of the head by her older brother Shawn as he walked past us with his friends.

"Fucking bitch," Will muttered, rubbing the back of her head softly as I let out a laugh.

"Come on. I know you're hungry." I got in line with her and we  grabbed our food before getting to our regular table, seeing the rest of the crew.

"What's the news?" I asked curiously, already knowing the beginning year brought on new interesting information about our schoolmates.

"Your brother's chasing Lyrica Johnson," Kaylen responded.

"No he is not." I denied with an amused laugh, shaking my head. "Lyrica would never."

"He was pushing all up on her in the hallway last period. Nicki saw it, Nick tell her."

"Yup, I saw it with my own eyes," Nicki confirmed. "Looks like he's tryna get her to go to prom with a real nigga." She joked, causing me to let out a laugh.

"Lyrica's alright." I shrugged. "Pretty."

"Next." Will loudly declared, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Linda's talking about how she fucked Aaron." Kaylen brought up.

My face fell. "Are you fucking for real?"

"Yeah." She nodded.

Raquel  looked at her with concern. "You okay?"

"He was tryna get me to do it all the time we were together so he was bound to go get it somewhere else." Kay expressed, rolling her eyes. "I don't care."

"Want me to fight him?"

Will.

"Nah, it's all good. Linda's been around the whole block and then some. That's embarrassing enough."

Nicki just reached for a high five that made her smile. I opened my mouth to comment only for hands to cover my eyes, making me freeze. "Boo!" An all too familiar voice spoke in my ear.

"Quincy chill out." I smiled and he just let out a chuckle, moving his hands from my face to my shoulders.

"Hey girls." He greeted.

"Hey Q." They all responded back.

"You dropped Kelmer's?" I asked, glancing at him. He had to get his schedule changed because he was put in the wrong class, causing him to have a different lunch wave from me and the rest of his friends.