Chapter 42

"You were gone." Rocky laughed as we sat in Garrison's classroom.

"You've been telling me this shit all weekend." I groaned.

"Mr. G, you should've seen her. She swore she was fine, but she was stumbling all over the place." Will spoke with a laugh. "And she doesn't remember it."

"I remember some of it." I defended.

"She remembers none of it." Nicki countered, making them all laugh while I rolled my eyes.

"Get out of my class." Mr. G smiled.

"Damn, somebody doesn't like our party stories." Kaylen teased as we all started to get up.

"I'm not even supposed to be hearing your party stories." He responded.

"He's right." I agreed with a smile, starting to make my way out of the classroom. "Catch you later Mr. G."

After Rocky mentioned needing to stop by her locker, we started to walk in that direction. Only to pause mid-stride as I caught Bianca in the hallway. I took a soft gulp, feeling like I had so much to say, but nowhere to start.

I had rehearsed in my head plenty of times throughout the weekend. I led Q to believe I didn't see or remember catching him in Bianca, hoping I could rise to the occasion and confront it on my own. I had a version of our confrontation where I imagined it would go civilly, I would put my attitude to the side, and we could talk maturely. I also had a version where I straight cussed the bitch out. Then there was a version that was a happy medium of both. But as I saw my opportunity, a million and one thoughts ran through my head.

Nicki stopped next to me, noticing Bianca's presence. And without wasting a breath, in typical Nicki fashion, she called her out.

"Yo, Bianca."

Bianca just stopped her chat with her friends, looking to us, her eyes scanning over us slowly before she crossed her arms. "What?"

"Oh hell no, watch the tone." Nicki snapped. "What the fuck is your issue?"

"Y'all keep bothering me, what the fuck else?" Bianca snapped back.

"Alright, chill out," I said, injecting myself in the middle, deciding to get straight to the point. All the girls had the tendency to be slick in the mouth and I didn't need anyone swinging before I got my two cents in. "Bottom line is, I said what I said back at my job and I don't understand why there had to be a follow up conversation at the party."

"He approached me. You should be checking him and not me." She told me. "Now, will you and your hood rat acting ass friends not constantly try and ruin my goddamn day?"

"What?" Our voices and attitudes echoed through the hallway as we instantly looked at her like she was crazy.

She had the wrong ones.

Will was quick to step up. "What the fuck did you just say about us?"

Bianca didn't even seem fazed as she glanced over at Will, speaking with confidence. "You heard what I said."

I grabbed Will's arm, pulling her back while I stepped forward. If it was any other bitch, I would've gladly let Will have this. But Bianca was mine to handle.

"Are you for real? Seriously?" I asked, unimpressed. "You need to relax 'cause I got my man back. You're just gonna have to deal with it, nobody likes a girl who's hung up on a dude she went on one date with."

"Why you always gotta assume that shit is about you and your man?"

"Because you want him! The fuck you talkin' bout why I'm always assuming?! Bitch, I'm stating facts." I frustratedly exclaimed.