Chapter 29

Kelly ended up taking Kaylen and I dress shopping for the dance. As much as all us girls wanted to do it all together as a group, we were all scattered around and doing our own things.

Kelly wasn't even supposed to be apart of the equation. But after overhearing me on the phone with Kay, talking about the chances of me going were slim, Kelly took it upon herself to plead my case. Her words were convincing enough to lift my punishment and get me permission to go to the dance.

The least I could do was let her pick out my dress.

"No." Kelly instantly spoke, waving us off as soon as we stepped out of the dressing room together. "I don't like it."

"What's wrong with mine?" Kaylen asked, looking down at the pink dress on her body.

"You look like a barbie."

"She's not wrong." I added after I got a good look at her.

"Well you look like an easter egg," She countered, making me look down at my multi color dress, pouting softly.

"Go back in and try the next ones." Kelly instructed, and Kaylen and I did as we were told, coming back out five minutes later in one of Kelly's picks. "Now this is what I'm talking about." Kelly smiled. "Look in the mirror."

The two of us just took turns looking in the mirror and inspecting ourselves in our dresses.

"We're buying those." Kelly declared, coming up between us. "We have to."

Kaylen and I just exchanged looks, both of us having to agree. We looked good. We stood in those dresses with a confidence and comfort all of the others lacked.

They were the perfect fit.

"I'm down." I beamed.

"What are you thinking?" Kaylen asked me curiously, catching my excitement.

"That Quincy's gonna like this on me." I did a slow spin in the mirror. With that assurance in mind, that alone was enough to make me go through with the purchase.

Kay just let out a laugh, high fiving me happily. "He's gonna wanna take it off once the night is over."

"I know right." I smiled, turning in the dress. "I mean look at the-"

"Yeah I know. I love that." She felt the material of the bottom of the dress. "And if we get you some bomb heels-"

I shook my head. "I can't do heels like you do heels."

"What do you mean?"

"That's way too high I'll-" Our animated chatting came to a halt when Kelly cleared her throat, reminding us that she was still here.

And we were just talking about me and Quincy doing it after the dance...

"Let's go buy shoes." Kelly instructed, looking between the two of us.

"Yeah."

"Great."

We quickly agreed before returning to the dressing room, where I was free to punch Kay's shoulder.

"I forgot!" She defended in a whisper.

"Me too."

"Then why are you hitting me?!" She questioned, outraged, hitting me back.

"Hurry the fuck up and shut up." I snapped with a smile, looking away from her. The two of us not helping but snicker like little kids at how not funny yet funny it all was.

🖤

"So..." Kelly spoke after we dropped Kaylen off at her house. "You and Quincy..."